Covid 19

Hello folks. Haven`t written for some time, way before the Pandemic. Wondering how your all coping?.
With over forty thousand deaths in the country , cant help but feel so sorry for all the bereaved families, and what they have had to go through, with all the restrictions in place. Luckily ive not had to self isolate, But still, its not much fun going through all these months, not being able to get near or hug my grandchildren, or daughters. Makes life more lonesome.
Its been over three years now, since my darling Ann passed away, and i wonder what she would have made of it all, if she was here.
Three years, and things have not changed a lot, still have many teary moments, a certain song, a place, a smell, i love her so much i think that will never end. Routines the best for me, although, as some has mentioned here, getting up to a quiet house, ive never gotten used to!
Another door closed last week too, as i had to let Anns old car go to the scrapyard heaven, it had had its day. Many memories in it, good and bad, as we used it for all the many trips , and visits to hospital . Life goes on…, not how we want it to be, but thats the way the cards have been dealt, so, have to make the best of things until we eventually meet up again.
Take care, Stay safe…John

3 Likes

Hi. John. So right! We seem to sadly have got used to statistics and charts. But each one of those deaths has brought the pain and suffering we all know about here. Every family will mourn in their own way as we all do. Ah yes, routine is so important. It does give us something to make the days a bit easier. But the empty house is another thing altogether. It still gets to me when I open the door. Anything can ‘trigger’ an emotion. It may be something we have long forgotten, or thought we had. Sights, sounds a smell all play their part in memory and memories can play hell with emotions. There does come a time when, instead of tears a smile can come when we remember. It has happened to me and it is step forward. So the old car has gone to that great parking lot in the sky. It’s strange isn’t it how we can get attached to a piece of machinery. We too had happy times with our car, which I still have.
Once again we see the car as a memory. It does remind me of past better times.
Yes, the cards have been dealt that way. It’s not the cards we are dealt that matters, its how we play them. A full hand of twos can be a winning hand!
Thanks John. Take care. John.

1 Like

Hello John_D
I am so sorry that you are suffering like you are, time means nothing when you love someone as you obviously love your Ann.
This pandemic has rubbed salt into our wounds isolation, is a necessary evil, I suppose. I haven’t seen any of my family since the first week in February apart from recent video calls. I identify with the house being so empty, although I do have a Springer Spaniel called Polly, she was Stan’s dog, really but now after 10 months she has attached herself to me, like you I do believe that we shall meet up again.
Take care, stay safe and please post again.
MaryL

2 Likes

Listlessness has replaced all else. That and the soldiers final refuge, alcohol, to forget. True to one’s life story.

Hi guys, thanks for your replies. I know im running off topic now, but will always be thinking of the covic bereaved, its awful isnt it.
Good to hear you have still got your old car Jonathan, what is it? mine was an old Ford Fiesta that Ann went and bought herself, surprising me with it! turned out, the clutch was slipping, that she hadnt noticed. Got it fixed, and was trouble free for over twelve years!
MaryL, what a fine doggie! my daughter has a springer, Max, seen him last week for the first time in ages, and he went beserk! all over me on the lawn, No social distancing from him lol!
Now serious advice needed.
Ive met over time, a couple of local, lovely caring widowed ladies, who have taken an interest in me, and have my best interests at heart. One i had tea and cake with at local cafe, and who would like to take it further. Although shes thinking of my welfare ect, my hearts not really in it. Friends say, after three years, i should give it a go, but, how can i when i still love my Ann so dearly.
Then again, Ann wanted me to find a new companion once she`d gone, wanted me to be happy, easier said than done i find.
Looking at long term widower i think. Anybody else had this experience?
Take care and stay safe
John…

Hello, again John.
Polly is indeed a fine dog, I love her to bits, she follows me wherever I go, yet she will not go into our bedroom where I found Stan after he had died. I am sure he waited until I was out of the room before he allowed himself to go.
As for your question, I do believe with all due respect that men, in general, are more likely to gain a new friend. If you are comfortable with it, why not? No-one will ever replace your beloved Ann, this is obvious, from the way that you write about her, there is nothing wrong in needing company.
I would suggest that you take your time, baby steps, is the modern speak.
Take care and stay safe,
MaryL
I feel terribly sorry for those who have fallen foul of this virus and their grieving families.

1 Like

Hi I’m new to the group I lost my partner on 21 april 2020 to covid he was 56 but also have 8 week old and other children that lost there father to covid and pneumonia it didnt hit me at the beginning it didnt feel real still dosnt but I’m only starting to grieve

Hi Susie,
I’m so sorry that you lost your partner to Covid, my husband passed in 2017 aged 58 and I have been thinking a lot about the tens of thousands lost to Covid, it must have been really hard for you. I hope you have some family support, even if it is remotely. Father’s Day looms large too. Take care of yourself, there is lots of support here.
Jakkles

1 Like