Covid

Hi
I lost my mum in March to covid.
I just don’t know how to cope sometimes
I blame myself for not being careful and that my mum caught covid from me and think she would of still of been here if it wasn’t for me.
I think some ppl think I’ll be over it by now but they don’t understand

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss louise. You shouldn’t blame yourself it’s not your fault.My mum caught covid in hospital from a nurse after she had a stroke which made everything worse and it eventually led to her death in February.Im still grieving.Losing your mum turns your world upside down.Its not something you can get over in a few months.It takes time and some days are ok and others you really struggle.This is a great community and everyone on here is a great support.

1 Like

Hi there I’m so sorry to hear the loss of your mum’s I lost my dear mum in July to cancer and I’m struggling with her not being here, unless you’ve lost a loved one you can’t begin to know how it effects you its certainly true starHeart it turns your world upside down, people just go back to their lives and they assume you do to, everyday I put a brave face on when I’m up at my dads or around my brothers but when I’m home I cry, we will never get over our loss & I won’t ever want to stop grieving for her as it brings me closer to her, this community is really good and we can support each other through this journey we are all on,

Thank you for your response, it really helps
Yeah I feel like ppl expect me to be over it and to get on with my life.
I put on a brave face too but when I’m alone I get upset.
It’s took a while to sink in
The hardest is when she’s in my dream and and wake up to realise it’s not real

I just wanted you to know your not alone.I don’t think losing your mother is something you ever get over.I don’t think I will ever come to terms with it.You just want the world to stop so you can breathe for a minute.Normal life just goes on when your life is completely changed forever.I know what you mean about her being in a dream and waking up and her not being there.I hate waking up every morning and facing the fact that my mother isn’t here anymore.Its really hard to face each morning.I still can’t take it in.

I totally understand how you feel. My dad tested positive a few days after I did. Him and my mother were my child care bubble. Everyone keeps saying I can’t blame myself but I do. My mother was hospitalised too and at one point I thought I was going to lose them both. That was 9 months ago and I feel like I’m putting on a front in front of everyone when inside I’m broken. It’s so hard. As you said, some people just expect you to be ok by now but I just can’t. It hurts so much.

1 Like

Yeah it’s awful, some days I just burst into tears and can’t control it.
I’m so sorry for your loss.
So many things I want to tell her it’s just not fair