CREATING A SHRINE FOR MY MAM

Hi Suzanne
Loving the fireworks pics. Must admit never been a fan of fireworks although when I was at school we used to go to an organised display nearby. They are very pretty to look at though.
Haven’t been too bad over the weekend. Cooked myself a full blown roast dinner yesterday. Usually I have a Bisto ready meal roast but thought I would treat myself. Don’t mind cooking.
Tomorrow I’m at the cinema seeing Bill Nighy’s new film Living which has been getting fabulous reviews . Supposed to be his finest performance.
Still got Dads flowers from his anniversary still going strong. I always seem to have a way with flowers as they nearly always last for ages when I buy them !
Watching my Dads football team on TV at the moment - Ipswich. I have to have them as my second team .
Anyway nice to hear from you Suzanne and to Christine.
Sending love and best wishes to you all
Neil x

2 Likes

Hi Tina,
Sorry I didn’t get back to you straight away. Was very busy ferry potted plants and a bench over from my sisters garden. The move fell through so I have more time. There’s lots of plants now and my plan is to get them all together where I took the decking boards away to make a section between patio and house. But having taken away the decking I then had to take away the step at the kitchen door and start remaking the step and extend it. Need more bricks but you get the idea:

with each pergola leg pillar having to be rebuilt as I went along.

Really opens up the corner as you come round into the garden from the back gate.

Did a trip to the skip today and have another planned for tomorrow after therapy with a swim at the lido after that. Didn’t see the lovely man who asked after mam today. He might be there tomorrow.
I was resting over the weekend with a cheeky swim Sunday. I couldn’t get on because of the downpour which seems to never end. I love rain and thunder but it’s annoying when I have so much to do. But after resting I feel rejuvenated again. The creep was at home so I couldn’t have got anything done anyway.
Back on the swimming again. I renewed my niece’s membership but she hasn’t been swimming so I’m thinking of cancelling it. I’m not paying for her to not go and me to have to chase her to go. I’m not her mam and she’s old enough to not need telling. I’m hoping to get out on the bikes again but will have to sort my rusty chain after it was left in the garden. So annoyed, it wasn’t even covered up.
Tina, I do love your very apt description of the scallies I’m surrounded by (‘head the ball neighbours’). The disabled parking bay is certainly causing a stir. Returned from church to find one neighbour’s family parked in it, and then today when I was packing the car I heard some comment from the other delightful woman (returning home with her kids on the school run) that it is ‘so annoying’. Love that it winds them up so much. I’m still quite baffled that they have so little to do that I am still a source of irritation. I have never had a conversation with either of them. It’s like living on Craggy Island (Father Ted) surrounded by weirdos and the like.
The drama with my sister is ongoing but I just have to try to be unaffected by it. I’ve had such an emotional rollercoaster of a year I just don’t have it in me to take any more. Mam’s first anniversary is coming up (25th) and I’m very aware of it but feel quite numb and unaffected up to now. I’m sure when it arrives I’ll be just as traumatic as when it first happened. My sister mentioned that dad isn’t scattering mams ashes when he goes up at xmas. It was what she wanted, to be with her parents. But nobody will listen to me so I won’t even say anything. Everyone is supposed to be meeting up for mams anniversary. I won’t be going. My dad hates me and has disowned me, one sister has ignored me since Feb and then didn’t mention it when I was there collecting pots (she stood watching me struggle and didn’t offer to help) and my other sis always tells me I need medication and treats me like a child (I am the eldest). And it was her bloke who sent the vicious email after mam. Such fun!
I’ve been wondering what you’ve been up to this week and if your awful brother has been up to his usual tricks. I know he had some time off and would be under your feet all week. I was thinking of you when I was rebuilding my wall around the pergola legs. I wish we lived closer or were neighbours! That would be so lovely, popping in for a chat over a cuppa, helping with the garden. I know it’s through the worst circumstances that we have all found each other but I value our friendship and when I’m hard at work I think of us all. Life really is strange!
I forgot to tell you all, I took my niece to Aldi and was quite frantic with panic by the time we got out the shop because she’d done a big shop. Haven’t done that for years. But I went back myself the next day to get some bits after swimming. Amazed myself. Such a random thing and a spur if the minute decision. And I’m so disassociated when I’m there it’s like an out of body experience. But it’s a real achievement.
Thinking of getting some chinese lanterns for mam to mark the occasion. She enjoyed doing that on New Years Eve so I think it’s something she would like. I’ll see if the children will do it with me. Makes me want to cry just thinking about it. Still doesn’t feel real. I wake up after about 4 hours every night with a panic because I know its real and can’t do anything about it. I keep remembering her at different stages in her life and how glamorous she was as a young woman. How can a person just stop being who they are? It drives me mad not having any answers. Haven’t been back to church yet but don’t think I’ll find the answer there. Still just want to be with her. That is the only way I will feel at peace, to be with her. The everyday is still just filling in time, but the shorter days mean there is less time to fill, which I’m glad about.
So pleased you enjoyed the pics of the garden. I enjoy creating a seasonal diary now. Hope my dahlias aren’t rotting with all this rain. Will have to rescue the tubers and dry them out. Still haven’t done any Spring bulbs or winter pansies. Not sure I will this year. I’m so very tired that to accept defeat is easier than fighting to achieve everything. My trellises still aren’t up because I can’t drill in the rain. I always feel like I’m running out of time. It haunts me about mam, that I always thought I had time to catch up when I doing endless lists of chores. My sister said I feel a lot of guilt because I didn’t always answer the phone when I’d been arguing with the family (always with my sister). I just wanted to hide away and couldn’t pretend I was ok and not be affected by whatever it was going on. Mam always phoned throughout the day and I just couldn’t answer it. They don’t understand and I am still the focus of their attention instead of them dealing with their own grief. There’s plenty for them all to feel guilty about but I haven’t said anything to any of them. I’m still shocked that they feel the need to pull me to pieces. I’m already broken. There’s nothing left of me to break. This is why I’m not going to the anniversary get together. I can’t face whatever they have to accuse me of. It’s so spiteful. I wonder if it makes them feel less upset. Can’t imagine it helps with feeling anything. I hate bullying.
It is indeed a mystery that we have got this far. A whole year of longing and pleading for mam to come back to me or for me to join her wherever she is, or to just take her place so she can live on. She had so much more to live for than I do. I miss her so much. It’s still too upsetting to visit her on her memory site, but I do when it marks an occasion. I looked for her little gourdes for Halloween but couldn’t find any in Sainsburys after a swim. There were tiny little baby pumpkins which made me smile. I wonder now where she got them from. I never asked. The littlest things take on the greatest importance now. I wonder now why I didn’t ask these questions. I have lists of things to ask her.
I’m looking forward to getting her a xmas tree for the garden again like last year. Will clear a space and might add fairy lights. Not sure yet.
Sorry I left it so long. Time slips away without me noticing.
Lots of love xxx

2 Likes

Well done you cooking a full roast :clap::clap: x I think I excel at cooking when I make a baked tattie lol x I am rubbish at cooking but am getting an air fryer from my friend to see how I go with it and am looking forward to trying new recipes.

I didn’t realise Bill Nighy had a new movie out so will await your review as he is a very underrated actor imo.

Will you dry out your dads flowers do you think so you can keep some or will you just take a photo as a memento? x

Enjoy yourself at the cinema and catch up soon :two_hearts: x

3 Likes

Hi Suzanne,
Just been catching up with Tina after a very quiet weekend of lolling about watching films and The Serpent (excellent Netflix / tv drama about a real serial killer who preyed on travellers in Asia. Reminded me of when I was going to backpack through India. Had my route planned and just needed to find someone who wanted to do the same as me with the funds (more tricky than you’d imagine). But it didn’t happen because that’s when I found my first lump and I just thank God I wasn’t travelling at that time. Would still like to go but not slumming it in hostels (think I’m too old now).
Picked up the swimming again between collecting pots. The whole drama of moving / not moving is so exhausting I’m having to tell myself not to get involved and just enjoying spending time with my niece and nephew before they go (if they go). It’s a ridiculous situation and I’m not getting dragged into it. My sister never explained why she stopped talking to me as she watched me struggle with the trolley of pots and I didn’t mention it. She thrives on being a victim, usually of her own making, and I just have to keep my mouth firmly shut. Hope to start going out on the bikes with my niece again. Be nice to start going to the woods.
Can’t believe you had to go in that much on your week off. Big gold star for you! Just imagine all those little animals who rely on you. Wonder if he was really ill? He owes you big time.
Why is your friend helping move her ex into his new place? I never did get that friends thing after a breakup. You are a good friend being there to help her. She’ll need your support, whatever brave front she puts on. I’ve never met anyone but I’m pleased he’s out of her house too! She can reclaim her freedom with some fabulous parties.
Love your fireworks pics. I was imagining being at the fireworks event we went to every year (dad didn’t really bother), with mams hot pasties beforehand. We’d dash in after school was out and just have time for a bite before we had to leave. There’s fireworks going off now. Feels like I don’t want to partake in anything because mams not here, but I also miss not celebrating because she always did. I’ll not do any of the lovely things in the run up to xmas (ice skating, visiting Van Hagues to marvel at the beautiful xmas displays, Santa’s Grotto and Winter Wonderland, Edwardian Night with the fair and street stalls, big brass band and visiting the church to light candles for all my cats who have passed). We loved xmas. It was the biggest celebration of the year. I can’t bear seeing the xmas adverts. There’s no excitement, shopping for pressies or choosing the cake for Xmas and Boxing Day (my contribution because I can’t cook). It was always such a traumatic thing leaving the house. If I’d had the disabled bay it would have made all the difference.
Not sleeping much again and waking up when it’s pitch black. I always look out at the garden, not that I can really see anything in the middle of the night. But I was saying that shorter days means there’s less time to fill. I have so many jobs still to do in the garden but it’s never stopped raining and I want to get things finished so I can settle indoors and not be fretting about what hasn’t got finished. Surprised it’s still so warm during the days.
Was thinking of you today and your badgers. Such a random thing driving back from swimming. Like I was saying to Tina, you are all in my thoughts. Wondered if badgers hibernate in the winter and if you’ll see much up at the Loch at this time of year?
Eventually got my cameras set up and although they are bloody annoying (beeping every time a car or bird goes by) they are doing the trick. Creep knows he’s being watched and is being very quiet. Have no interest in watching him come and go but have evidence if he does anything he shouldn’t. Still hoping that we get a Purge night so I can take revenge ! but can’t see that happening any time soon.
Off to watch some telly now with a sponge pudding treat. Yum!
Keep working hard. All the animals love you for it!
Lots of love xxx

2 Likes

Hi Neil,
You’ll see my very long post to Tina sums up what I’ve been up to recently. Didn’t do much at the weekend but enjoyed watching The Serpent again (real serial killer in Asia, preying on backpackers). Very jel that you’re going to see ‘Living’. Watched a little clip on telly. Looks fab. Love Bill Nighy. Have you seen the film where he can go back in time with his son? Can’t remember what it’s called but it is a lovely film. Tell us all about it.
I think doing your roast on Sunday is a tradition you could keep going if you aren’t off seeing a show. I have no cooking skills or knowledge at all. Mam and both my sisters are fab cooks. I took extra art after my rock cakes were indeed like rocks! Just can’t do it. But I might start getting a roast ready meal to mark family tradition in honour of mam. Good idea! I have veg soup most days so it’ll be a nice change and still a healthy option.
You must have green fingers Neil, keeping your Dad’s flowers going strong for this long. Amazing.
I haven’t heard from my sis up north about the get-together for mam’s anniversary. They will be travelling down. I just can’t face it and know there’ll be tension. Just better if I don’t go. But I’ll celebrate with chinese lanterns. It was something mam liked to do with the children at New Year.
Still can’t wrap my head around the fact that it’s coming up to a year. How is that possible? Just cannot imagine how any of us have got through it. But we have.
Off to watch some telly with a microwave pud as a treat.
If you were the first in the posts you would have got that massive post I did to Tina. Seems like ages since any of us posted. Such a time warp.
Hope Ipswich wins for your dad.
Lots of love xxx

3 Likes

Hi Christine,

Very pleased to hear you are still going swimming when you can. I love swimming but never go now as our local po is always being closed for cleaning cause some manky twat shites in the pool….I shit you not :roll_eyes::joy: x

Without all going geeky badgers don’t hibernate as such but they do go into what is called torpor which is similar to hibernation but in essence is just a deep relaxed sleep :woman_shrugging: and pine martens which come from the same family as badgers don’t hibernate cause they have furry feet and thick coats so I’m still hoping I will see them up the Loch :crossed_fingers: especially as they are nocturnal as it’s dark when I leave x

Yeah the boss was definitely in hospital as he was sending Snapchat’s to me from his hospital bed. He’s signed off for another week but I have been speaking to my old manager that I really liked working with and he’s going to help cover his shifts.

Glad to hear your cameras are up and running and sounds like my neighbour’s floodlights as every time someone walks past her house the whole place is illuminated like Blackpool :joy: x

Anyway going to get my tea as back in tomorrow but also have to groom a couple of dogs tomorrow as the salon manager is now off sick :joy::joy: x

Take care and like you you are all in my thoughts every day :green_heart: x

1 Like

Evening everyone
Loved Bill Nigh’s film Living at the cinema today. One of the best of the year and he is tremendous in a rare lead role for him.
Hope everyone has had a good a day as possible
Sending love and best wishes
Neil d

2 Likes

Hi Neil,

It is rare now you’ve said it that he’s in a lead role. What is the film actually about? As I said it’s not a film I’ve heard of.

Did you manage to take in a museum or that today too or do you have something to look forward to on another day?

Always nice to hear of one of us having a nice day :two_hearts:

Hope you have a nice night and will check in with you tomorrow xx

2 Likes

Hi Suzanne
It’s set in the 50s about a man who works in a dull job at County Hall , Waterloo. He is diagnosed as having terminal cancer and only has around 6 months to live so decides to 'live ’ and embrace life in the short time he has left. Beautifully acted by Mr Nighy. Cant imagine any other actor playing that role.
This was at one of my local cinemas so no museums but have some theatre and other events coming up in the coming weeks !
Speak again soon
Neil x

2 Likes

Those photos are gorgeously stunning Suzanne. What a skill xx

2 Likes

Hi Neil

Hope you are well.

It is scary isn’t it when you stop and think about the finance situation. But you are right not to jump in for the sake of it. If you did and it was a really bad situation you’d be in a right state as you’d not be able to make a new claim. It’s right what you say though about the up and down days making job searching harder. When you are plunged into a down period it’s really hard to act on what you want/need to do.

There’s just a few places of interest around here churchwise. One of them is the Mormon church with its skyhigh golden spire. It’s shut behind gates and it like it’s in its own village as that is where all the young people go when they are training to be a Mormon (if training is the right word.). I’m not sure if people can actually just go in.

Chorley only has one tiny theatre and nothing really goes on there so we aren’t a thriving culture hub! It must be quite a privilege to have all those opportunities for shows etc within close reach or train ride.

This will be 2nd Christmas since Mum. Not quite sure how I’ll feel as although we didn’t do Christmas so won’t miss that there’ll still be other things. And it was Mums funeral on New Years Eve do from that aspect I’ll find that day harder as we would always see it in together.

Are you a Celebrity fan Neil, have you been watching? I never was but have been watching bits of it just for a bit of distraction. Can’t get over how a couple of the guys have really aged (as we all have I guess!).

Love and Best wishes xx

3 Likes

Hi Tina
Yes finances are the worry at the moment although they are better than what I estimated a few months ago.
I do feel lucky living so close to London with so many cultural places. Even the local area has cinemas and theatres to go to . If I didnt have that I dont know where I would be now.
Having a few more bad days here and there mainly because of Mums first anniversary and of course the dreaded Christmas. Like you we never really celebrated it especially after Dad passed. In a way this will be worse than last year as the funeral was only a few days before so it hadn’t sunk in. To be honest I cant really remember Xmas last year. Not really bothered if I spend it on my own .
Not a Celebrity fan ( or any of those reality shows ) but have read who’s in the show.
Looking forward to my friend phoning later and it’s a football day too ( although that’s not great at the moment!).
Neil x

3 Likes

Hello Christine

How are you this morning?

Funky mules you have there on your bricks!

I love what you have done to make the brick path. Its a good idea and makes a nice little feature. Gardens are always a work in progress aren’t they and there’s always something going on, especially in yours. I can’t really do anything nice because he won’t take the stuff to the skip so it’s just sat there. He could do if he wanted but he won’t. I remember me and my husband would dismantle all kinds like washing machines, settees and then take them to the skip in bits! We would do all kinds really!! I remember once we had been to the shops and saw some soil outside a garden that said “free” so we went back with a few carrier bags!! We would do all kinds of daft stuff. Sometimes that seems like it all happened to a different person.

I can see you’ve still got problems with your family to an extent. I am the oldest too, but am treated like the village idiot by my brother, who is the youngest. He has had thousands from me in the last 5 years and only recently I leant him another thousand and now he’s saying he can’t pay any of it back. I wouldn’t care but he’s on a couple of thousand every month. It’s not even the money really it’s the way he treats me. You can’t help but feel rubbish. I just try and say yes and no these days and hope it’s in the right places. Yes he is off again this week and things get very tense. Do you remember that programme when you was a kid called Me Ben? A little animated man that would go in one door and the come out the other side totally different (you might not!) but that is what it’s sometimes like.

On one of his more tolerant days towards me recently he said did I want to go and take Zoe for a walk. I said ok (it was a better option than housework) and I thought it would just be a half hour but he went for a 5mile hike and to get to the top viewpoint it was all stoned steps. I swear I don’t know how I did it. My two legs were like jelly so I don’t know what Zoe’s 4 legs were like considering her problems. Apparently walking for her is better than playing ball as it doesn’t jolt the joints. I wish I’d taken a picture of the viewpoint! The biggest shock is how I managed to get there and back without needing the loo when I can’t get to the Asda 20mins down the road so it must by psychological when I’m going shopping!

I’m glad you got the bits you wanted from Aldi. I don’t go there that often but went last week as I had to buy something to do a product taste test. I had to take a photo of the drinks aisle and was petrified of the store manager coming over and asking what I was up to! Used to be a mystery shopper in the past but wouldn’t have the nerve these days, I’m scared of my own shadow!

I’m just going to disappear quick Christine as I’ve noticed the sun is coming out and it rained yesterday so I’ve got damp washing and the sun is like gold dust at the minute.

I’ll drop by later this evening.

Enjoy your day and much love xx

2 Likes

Hi all!
Sorry been missing inaction from the thread.
Been crocheting like a mad woman and putting out the village display.
It has three main parts to it:

• a giant net covered in poppies that drape from a sign lie a waterfall
  • a giant poppy on the grass made from planting pompoms
  • a horse head with a waterfall of purple poppies (I made all of that) and some red pom poms surrounding
    What is really nice is we are reusing some pom poms from previous years so there are some in there that mum made.

I was on my hands and knees in the rain sewing on the last poppies. The other ladies from craft club where there for over 5 hours but I had to get back to work. Worth the effort though - looks spectacular if I say so myself.

The crochet bug has got me - I am now crocheting Christmas puddings :blush:

Well at least this kind aren’t fattening!

Also been into Matilda my craft caravan and done some fused glass work. Just put the kiln on for the first time in a long time so is bound to burn off smelly! It is an electric kiln so watching the smart meter to see how much it is drawing. So far it doesn’t seem to bad - certainly a lot less than the washing machine and I’d rather make glass than do the washing!

Does mean I haven’t done anything in the garden so no garden pictures from me @christine51

@NEILB72 I’ve now seen Aidan Turner is doing a play so want to see that too. Just waiting on my friend to see if she wants to two plays consecutive nights or do a trip in Jan and then again March. May do two trips as her niece (her sister who died’s daughter) has started Uni in London and if we go for theatre trips we can swing by and see her without it looking like checking up ‘we were in the area’ :wink:

Hope everyone is keeping well. I had a doctors appointment yesterday and my blood pressure is almost normal so the new tablet regime seems to be helping - that and the relaxing effects of crochet maybe :joy:

Beki x

4 Likes

Hi all,

I have been reading what you all have been doing, since coming back from holiday I’ve just been working, not very exciting I know.

I not as talented as you Beki in doing crafts, but I did make a autumn wreath out of card and paper leaves and flowers, just to show the children at messy church. They all did brilliantly making there’s.
I’m cheating next month for Christmas decorations, I’ve ordered pre cut angels to decorate, and found some snow globes they can make.
But I might start crocheting again, to see if I can still remember how to do it.

How is the garden coming on Christine, I was very impressed with your brick path. Did you manage to get all you wanted from your sisters garden. The creep has been very quiet lately, looks like your CCTV is working.

I hope you okay Neil, I’ve not heard of that film either, but I do like Bill Nighy, it’s usually a good film if he is in it. I looking forward to seeing the new Advatar film coming out near Christmas, we both loved the original so excited to see the new one.
I bought Maverick Top Gun DVD, when it was released, still enjoyed it the second time round.
I’ve just booked tickets to see Blood Brothers at our local theatre next March, going with my daughter. One of my favourite plays. Of course I will go and watch my granddaughter in panto this Christmas.
I hope the football result is kind for you tonight.

Hi to , Suzanne, Nic, Tina and Lucy hope your all okay.

Sending love
Debbie x

3 Likes

Hi Neil,

All I want to say here is on Dec 20th you will not alone and in some odd way me being able to think of you will take my mind off myself and the ‘this day last year etc etc’ x

Last couple of days have been taxing I would describe them rather than bad as my absent friend was speaking to me and I happened to say someone had unfriended me on Facebook but wasn’t bothered and she was like ‘oh with a loss like that you need grief counselling’…I know she was being sarcastic but I kinda just looked at her and thought to myself ‘you really do only think about yourself’. I just said bye and walked off. Sometimes people just don’t think do they?

Like you I’m not bothered much about Xmas and I really don’t remember much of last year but I’m going to try and chill and do what I want x I’ve been invited out for my Xmas lunch and I’ve said I’ll go but if I change my mind she’ll understand x
You don’t have to make any decisions now and even if you do you can still change your mind x I know I have lots to be grateful for but sometimes it just seems so meaningless if that makes sense.

We all may be miles apart but we will get through the next month together :two_hearts: xx

4 Likes

Hi Suzanne
Such kind words as always. Been thinking about Mum a lot today and asking myself why did it happen to her? I’ve often thought if anything had happened to me and Mum was left on her own. I would never want her to suffer the feeling that we have all been going through. It just comes into my head every so often.
Really need to sort Mums ashes as I promised her a few years ago that I would place her with Dad if the time came. Just feel like I’ve let her down . Its like a mental barrier I need to overcome to even go to the crematorium for the first time since the funeral.
On a brighter note my friend phoned earlier and always cheers me up if I’m not having a great day.
You are so right that we all have each other on here and I regard all as such good friends . Certain friends have disappeared from my life and Mum would be so disappointed in them as they used to visit us a lot. They either dont understand or dont want to understand. I’ve changed as a person as I have this bitter streak now . Shouldn’t really but cant help it. You can probably know where I’m coming from
Anyway just getting back to see how my team are getting on ( dread to think).
Neil x

3 Likes

You have not let her down so please believe me if that fact. Your mum of all people would understand and you’ll do it in your time when you feel you are able to. I haven’t been up to the Crematorium since last Xmas day so I understand where you are coming from entirely.
Yeah that bitter streak is now prevalent more in us all than before but I do find I am becoming a little less tolerant to BS than before and now because I know I can cope without the most important person in my life I know I can live without people who just don’t bring anything positive to me or my life I find it easier to snip fill out of my life. You may or may not be there yet but you are doing amazing even if you often don’t believe it.

Hope your team played well and believe in yourself as much as I believe in you :two_hearts: x

3 Likes

Hello Neil

Just wanted to say don’t feel bad for the times when you feel bitter. It hasn’t been of your own making. It’s not you, that’s plain to see. It’s true what Suzanne says, it’s a gremlin that’s made itself at home within ourselves uninvited. I’m the same, totally. Mind you I never was sweetness and light at the best of times!

I’m feeling anxious too as similar to you we haven’t sorted out Mums headstone, There is this overwhelming fear attached but I will have to find it in me somehow.

Have a gentle day Neil xx

4 Likes

Hi Christine

Are you doing anything nice today, swimming?

I took Zoe for a walk yesterday through the park woods. Although she has hip dysplasia she can run like a greyhound. It’s when she stops still and is walking slowly she’s all wobbly on the back legs. I’ve done 25,000 steps in two days but each time I’ve got home I’ve been that hungry I’ve probably eaten the equivalent in calories!

Brother came home last night and announced he is wanting to get a log burner installed. In theory that is probably a good idea but as usual he’s not thought it through. I don’t think blokes do a lot of "thinking’ it’s all tunnel vision with them (sorry Neil!). If he thinks I’m lending him (giving) any more money he will be disappointed.

Just reading about your Mam’s family get-together. Has there been any further developments with that. I can only imagine how fraught that must feel for you. I like your Chinese lanterns idea and making cooking a roast dinner into a tribute/ritual for your Mam. My cooking skills are zero because I just couldn’t be bothered with domestic science at school!

Haven’t really done much else recently that’s not remotely linked to housework. Did a load of washing two days ago so have been on rain-watch all the time. Those clothes have probably been on and off that line about 10 times between showers!

I’ve had a two of those Diamond Art picture kits on the go recently. Nearly finished but there a little “diamonds” everywhere. I’m sure they’ll be falling from my underwear next!

I’ve just been admiring Beki’s handiwork with the poppies. They are really stunning aren’t they. I keep thinking of the interesting craft things I’d like to do but can’t seem to find momentum.

Hope the “head-the-ball” neighbours aren’t giving you hassle. That’s the thing with some estates in that they can be quite isolating so those that live there sometimes don’t get out so much and have not much else to focus on. Obviously “Creep” is in a league of his own abd he’d probably be weird wherever he lived.

Hope kitty is ok after the fireworks. Glad they are over. Since when did Bonfire Night become a three day event.

Don’t know what today will bring but I hope it’s kind to us all.

Much love xxx

3 Likes