CREATING A SHRINE FOR MY MAM

Hi @christine51
Am so sorry you are in a low spot. Having suffered with acute agoraphobia myself I know what it is like and how terrifying it can me
I think Tina and Debbie talk a lot of sense. And the second year is hard, not necessarily worse or better just hard again in a different ‘flavour’
I think Debbie’s idea of some different counselling and planning some days sounds a very good idea.
And sociable doesn’t have to be all singing and dancing in crowds. Here is social, online, email, telephone if that’s how you feel comfortable. Look at what an amazing community you have driven with this thread alone
Hoping the coming days are gentler to you
Beki xx

3 Likes

Some of the latest crochet adventures :joy:

I think it may be an addiction now!

Beki xx

4 Likes

Hi Nick
Thanks for the links. I don’t think in doing it right as I can see the description and that it’s got 50 pictures but i can’t open them. I’ll have another look though. Thanks again
Warm regards
xx

4 Likes

They are very stylish Beki xx

4 Likes

Hi Tina19, are you using a smart phone or a PC (laptop)? - Sorry, I have never tested it on a smart phone.

It should look like this on a PC or tablet. - (If you use a phone, make sure you turn it to landscape.)

Sorry if it does not work on a smart phone. - (Could you send me a screenshot if it still does not work?)
(Feel free to look around. - Kentwell Hall is my favorite.)
Nick

2 Likes

Hi Nick
Thanks for the screen shots. I can see some but not others l am not sure if it’s a bit of both ineptitude on my part and technical problems. I can see some of them but I’m on my smartphone at the moment and smaller screens are so fiddly aren’t they. When I get the opportunity I’ll try on my tablet.
In the meantime I hope you are well and not getting bogged down with the cold weather as it’s particularly chilly here today.
Speak shortly
xx

4 Likes

Hi Christine
Just thought I’d say good afternoon. I emailed the Samaritans last night as feel quite distressed. I actually had a look at a few threads, I think I must have been drawn to them for some reason but I really dont think I should have when I’m feeling more vulnerable than usual.
Keep warm and love also to Porsche
xx

4 Likes

Hi Neil
Hope you too are managing with the cold spell.
Hope things are ok as they can be. Did actually email Samaritans last night, I wish I had the confidence to call them as I know you find that helpful but I’m not that good at talking.
I’ll make the most of the soaps being on tonight as I remember you saying it’s Wednesday when it’s the football.
Hope you are coping as I know today signals the start of a difficult time for you.
xx

6 Likes

Hi everyone
Thought I would share some pics from my day of culture yesterday;
First, went to the Coultaurd Gallery on the Strand for the first time. Saw an exhibition and the great imoressionist works there.
In the evening I saw the play at the Gielgud Theatre. Been on my list for a while so finally saw it. Starred Matthew Modine as Atticus Finch and he and the cast were tremendous.
Sending love and best wishes
Neil x

4 Likes

5 Likes

Great photos @NEILB72 and I had no doubt Matthew Modine would be a triumph.
Not much to report this end. Got a sodding headache that’s sticking around a couple of days and making me quite nauseous - even put me off chocolate!
Definitely feels like it has gotten chillier again.
Hope everyone is keeping warm and well
Beki xx

5 Likes

Hi Neil :slight_smile:
Thank you for positing the photos and I love Monet yet have never seen that one before :two_hearts: x Days of culture sounds amazing and next time in Edinburgh or Glasgow may do the same x
Like Beki said I had no doubt he would make a great Atticus Finch and would love to see it…when does it end it’s run do you know? x
I have been grooming dogs all day and have hair in my eyes and mouth still all thanks to my last Malamute lol x
You having a decent week with your outings? x
Had some good news today that my niece passed her driving test today first time so now to look for a wee car for her x
Did your neighbour get his operation this week? x
Have a good couple of days and chat soon,
Much love :two_hearts: x

3 Likes

@christine51 just to say miss you and hopefully you’ll feel up to posting soon.
I do agree with Tina and Debbie in that maybe you should consider some actual grief counselling to see if that can bring you any hope and peace x
Porscha isn’t going anywhere soon and just wish you wouldn’t worry yourself so much about her but I know easier said than done x
Anyway hope to hear from you in the near future :green_heart: x

2 Likes

Oh Tina I’m sorry to hear of you feeling like that. If I can help at even if it’s just lending you an ear you know where I am x

4 Likes

Thanks Suzanne.
Grooming a big fluffy snugglebug malamute sounds a nice job to be doing.

4 Likes

Hi Neil
Thanks for sharing the photos as always. You’ve certainly been having some great experiences. I hope they are getting you through this harder week.
I’m not best pleased with the soaps situation however! I’ll at least have to find something constructive to do with the time! Enjoy it yourself though.
xx

5 Likes

Hi Christine
Hope you are managing best you can. Think I said I emailed the Samaritans and they replied a couple of days later. It used to be a 24 hour service but these days it isn’t so there must be a lot more people needing them. Forgive me if I repeat myself, I’m forgetting to whom I’ve said what to.
Thinking of you
xx

4 Likes

Hi Nick
Hope life is treating you as best it can and today brings some kindness
xx

4 Likes

Hi Suzanne
Certainly good news about your niece which is great to hear!
As for my play it ends in May along with several other shows in the next few months so a lot of changes in London theatres.
The gallery I went in has a big impessionist collection and love all that. The National Gallery has an impressionist exhibition starting soon too.
At the National theatre this afternoon with a bargain £10ticket ( normally £66) in Row F of the stalls to see Phaedra starring Janet McTeer - Greek tragedy set in a modern setting. Everything at the National is worth watching.
Football on tonight- Man U v West Ham so will watch that too.
Sending love and best wishes
Neil x

3 Likes

Hello every one. - My brother and I had lost our mother in October 2006 and we started driving around visiting manor houses in 2007. It was just too painful to stay at home.

One of the houses was Kentwell Hall, and it became our favourite one. - Perhaps it might help you too.
Address: Long Melford, Suffolk, CO10 9BA - if some one wants to visit the Hall.

http://englands-heritage.uk/EH/index.php/full-article/23-east-of-england/suffolk/11-kentwell-hall
Gallery: Kentwell Hall | England's-Heritage Photos

Google Maps: Google Maps

They have Tudor events there and they start in April. - May Day Festival | Family Day Out in Suffolk

Here are some photos. - I hope you like them.

Nick

3 Likes