CREATING A SHRINE FOR MY MAM

Hi Tina
Had Mum and Dads wedding anniversary yesterday. Got some nice flowers for them and got through the day OK. Pity so called family couldnt be bothered to message or phone but that shows what they are like!
Had a chat to Samaritans which was pre planned and nice to have someone to talk to on the day. Next special day is Mothers Day in a couple of weeks of course.
Sending love and best wishes
Neil x

3 Likes

At Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk

Nick

4 Likes

Glad you honoured them the way you knew they would approve of and family are just names on a family tree as they generally only appear if they want something x sorry to hear you didnā€™t hear from any of them but if it helps any my cousin was literally standing in the queue in front of me yesterday and didnā€™t even say hiā€¦.shame weā€™ve only known each other 50 years :roll_eyes: x
What are your plans for this week? Anything planned? I have to do my charity day at work this week but secretly hoping it snows :joy: x sounds very uncharitable doesnā€™t it lol x
Donā€™t know how it is with you but the sky is blue and sun is shining and itā€™s so damn cold!! Going to have to put on a heater at this rate x
Hopefully youā€™re looking after yourself and still treating yourself x
Have a good beginning to the week and will pop back in a day or so.
Take care and much love :two_hearts: x

3 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Hi Suzanne
Loving the pics always :heart:
Got a jobs fair to attend Wed lunchtime. Last one I went to was a waste of time but this is supposed to be better. Saving a few quid on my shopping at Morrisons with their Easter promotion. Spend Ā£30 in one transaction a week and get Ā£2.50 off each time for 4 weeks then Easter week a Ā£5 voucher to spend im store. Been buying myself an egg every week while they are only Ā£1.99 , saving some for Easter and having some now as it works out cheaper than a couple of normal chocolate bars!
Got through the weekend . Football team got thrashed but that doesnt get to me now like it used to years ago.
Cold here and been raining . Hope we dont get snow. The forecasters not committing themselves.
Speak soon
Neil x

4 Likes

Hi Neil

Iā€™m glad you got through the day as well as could be hoped. You know you cared a great deal enough to mark the day so the fact they didnā€™t speaks volumes about them. I could be speaking out of order as they may have been too upset themselves or didnā€™t want to upset you but if not they arenā€™t important enough to dwell over.

Iā€™ve started to notice emails, online ads and stuff in shops more acutely for Motherā€™s Day. I had a while ago I think but once seen you always seem to be aware of more and more. Time is quite strange because we feel it has stopped when our life as we knew it stopped, but it hasnā€™t and that can be a bit of a shock canā€™t it.

Itā€™s so warm here today, in my garden should I say! I can imagine thereā€™ll be parks etc near all these venues you go to and how nice it will be to tie those into the shows on a warmer spring afternoon. That will sound so mad when in a few hours we are likely to be covered in snow!

Love and best wishes

4 Likes

Hi again Neil

Just seen your chat with Suzanne and I realise my above reply might be a bit out of the date now!

I saw you speaking about Morrisons. I donā€™t go to Morrisons as itā€™s a bit further to walk but thatā€™s a good offer. At one time if you applied for an Asda Rewards App theyā€™d give you Ā£5.00 but what they give with one hand they take with another as the prices go up quicker than a NASA space rocket on turbo charge. I shop at Asda but not by choice !

Xx

4 Likes

Afternoon Christine.

Hope you are well. Iā€™m sat at the kitchen door with it open and itā€™s really hot and sunny. Thatā€™s not the weather outside of the garden, we are in a little sun trap.

I can hear the leaves brushing over the building and the birds etc and it made me wonder what you were doing in your garden. I can see now whatā€™s been lost and what has survived the winter but Iā€™ll just have to try and nurture what I have. Buying new plants is too expensive to do on an off-chance they will survive so might try other ways to create a nice space somehow. This medlar tree I won hasnā€™t survived the winter either.

I hope Porsche is sat on the patio soaking up this warm sun!

Love and best wishes xx

3 Likes

Hi Neil,
Thank you for your kind words as always.
Hoping your job fair is better than the last one and something may take your fancy so all the best x still think you would do so well at front of house in a theatre or something x
The snow on the hills that I can see from my house looks so fresh and thick that I really hope it stays up there and that the forecast is all wrong cause I canna be bothered with this cold lol x Iā€™m guessing it may be a bit warmer down by you but wonā€™t be by much x
Iā€™m doing my charity day tomorrow at work so myself and the boss are spending the day at a Greyhound Rescue so not sure what weā€™ll be doing but will wrap up well x
Thatā€™s a pretty decent deal that Morrisons is doing then and you are wise buying the eggs at that price x Gotta take the bargains where we can. Had a conversation with a customer today saying no one can afford store loyalty anymore unless rich as gotta get the bargains where we can x I was surprised to find some things from M&S were actually cheaper than from Aldi!! Never thought I would ever say that lol x
Manages to get tickets to see a comedian called Rich Hall (not sure if youā€™re familiar with him) in May and ticket was only Ā£19 so for once I seemed to have got a bargain :ok_hand: x
Anyway stay warm, buy cheap chocolate and all the best at the job fair x
Take care and much love :two_hearts: x

3 Likes

Best wishes to everyone and hope your days have brought a bit of light and even some laughter x
If not and you are struggling then donā€™t do it alone as we are all here for each other :sparkling_heart: x

4 Likes

Hi Suzanne
Yes have heard of Rich Hall and sounds like youā€™ve got a bargain ticket there!
Cold down here but no sign of snow thankfully. Problem with applying for work in theatres is the ongoing train strikes as wouldnt be able to get there. Local ones different though and always on the lookout for anything interesting . On Thursday looking forward to booking my Royal Ballet tickets for my little Birthday/Easter treat . Looking forward to seeing the dancers perform again.
Always feel better when the first part of the week is out the way especially when I havent any shows booked .
Hope you have a good rest of the week and will catch up very soon
Neil x

3 Likes

By the way Suzanne hope your charity day goes well x

3 Likes

Morning everyone,
Woke this morning not sure how Iā€™m feeling apart from a bit nauseous, today is the second anniversary of Doug dying. I think Monday was probably worse that was the day he left me, also the day our family gathered together for a takeaway curry. Dougā€™s favourite, the hotter the better. Also I have my counseling on a Monday, she is a lovely lady to chat to but did I feel drained after.
Today, one of my colleagues gave me flowers when I got to work, she is probably only one of a very few at work that will remember the significance of this day to me. Later when I finish work, going to sit on Dougā€™s bench in the park for a while and leave roses for him. It snowing ever so slightly here so hoping is does not get heavier and settle. Iā€™m not going to be on my own tonight, going to my daughterā€™s for dinner, then going to watch my granddaughter in a dance showcase at school.
Doug would be so sorry heā€™s not here to see our lovely grandchildren growing up.
Iā€™m at work right now, and struggling to do anything, hence why Iā€™m posting this. Today at work is going to be a long drag, all I want to do is just sit, remember and reflect on the wonderful life we had together.
I had better get back to work now, a cuppa first I think.

@christine51 I hope you are okay, we are all thinking of you and worried your so quiet.

Iā€™ll speak again later
Lots of love
Debbie x

4 Likes

Hi Debbie
Just saw your post before going out shortly. Thinking of you today on Dougā€™s 2nd anniversary. I had my parents wedding anniv at the weekend and thought it would be easier to get through the second year. Found it just as hard if not harder than last year. Probably depends on what we have planned and what day of the week it falls. Mothers Day next week so expecting that to be difficult too!
Hope you will find strength to get through the day as best as you can . Certainly not straightforward the grieving process .
Sending lots of love to you
Neil x

3 Likes

Hi Neil
Thank you, birthdays, anniversaries are all challenging days, before we know it, itā€™s motherā€™s day as you said.
I went to the park, snow has turned to rain now. Only stayed five minutes as itā€™s so cold. Only me and a dog walker there.
Talk about fate sending you a curve ball, an ambulance was sitting outside the house when I got home, itā€™s gone to next doors. That was a reminder I didnā€™t need today.

Sending love
Debbie x

4 Likes

Hi Christine
Just thought Iā€™d add a picture of another Diamond Art Kit Iā€™ve just finished. I need to take a break though my eyes are suffering! Once I start one I have to keep going til I finish it. I have one kit left after this.

3 Likes

Hi Neil
Thereā€™s me saying it would be nice enough to add in the parks on your visits soon, and today itā€™s snowing!
I need my ā€œfixā€ of the soaps tonight to combat the cold weather so they best not be cancelled for football!

xx

4 Likes

Afternoon Nick

Hope you are keeping well and warm this freezing afternoon
xx

3 Likes

Good morning Christine, Neil, Nick and all.
Thick snowfall here so hope everyone manages to stay warm and safe
xx

3 Likes