CREATING A SHRINE FOR MY MAM

Morning Tina
Had our snow yesterday and it disappeared within a few hours and turned to rain. Raining this morning too but havent got to go out today so dont mind!
Booking my next Royal Ballet ticket later so looking at the times, dates and casts that suit me better.
Sending love and best wishes
Neil x

3 Likes

Good morning Tina, we have horrible weather today but no snow.
My mood seams to be getting better at the moment. Will wait and see. - I did visit the solicitor yesterday to make a will. - Some more hard times are still to come. I have to sell my bungalow now to pay for the inheritance tax. (Did not win the lottery.) - Nick x

3 Likes

I some more kiteen photos

Nick

2 Likes

Greetings everyone :slight_smile:
Hope the last couple of days have been fair to us and that you are all being able to stay warm x
I actually have had no snow up here yet although I can see it thick and fluffy sitting on the hills up in the distanceā€¦better stay up there I can tell you. When I was up at the Loch today it was so cold and there was either snow or very thick frost still on the groundā€¦one of the perks of staying in the visitor centre with the heaters on lol x
My charity day with the Greyhound Rescue went very well and they are powerful beasts and one I was waking saw a squirrel followed by a pheasant in the distance and had I not had the dog on such a short lead I would have been pulled off my feet lol cause apparently they can go from 0-42mph in 4 strides!! Yeah I wasnā€™t giving them a chance lol x they even had a 7 month Doberman pup left with them as the travellers said they didnā€™t want her anymore so they took her in. My boss fell in love with her but he already has a dog and a cat and lives in a rented flat so he had to reluctantly leave her.
@NEILB72 did you get your ballet tickets sorted? What do you make of all this Gary Lineker stuff? Think itā€™s kinda backfired on the BBC lol x
@Nick22 Iā€™m sorry to read about you having to sell your bungalow and hope something happens that makes you not be able to. However I do love all the photos of the kittens. How are you keeping otherwise? x
@christine51 i do so hope you are reading the posts cause Iā€™m going to post a couple of photos for you and hope they remind you of how much you are loved and missed x
Much love to everyone else who reads and pops in as we are all here for each other :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Hi Suzanne
Loving the photos as always. Quiet weekend for me again. Snow appeared on Wed and disappeared in a few hours. Warmed up a bit now and have bright sunshine this morning. Important match for West Ham today as we sunk into the bottom 3 yesterday.
As for the BBC what a joke ( and woke) they are. I dont like Lineker very much but its ridiculous how its all blown up. Youā€™re frightened to say anything these days in case it offends anyone.
Booked for the Royal Balletā€™s Cinderella just after Easter. Only paying cheap prices at the moment but that enables me to still go which I am grateful for.
Have a good Sunday. Next week will be a difficult one for us all with Motherā€™s Day on the horizon.
Neil x

3 Likes

Hi Suzanne30, thanks for replying. I do play the Euro Lottery but I am not that lucky. - I think I have used up all my luck now cheating death 4 times. The last one was only last year in June. I was in pain and my neighbour had to drive me to the hospital because there was no ambulance available, 22 hours waiting time that day. They had to take out a 60cm piece of my intestines. Later I was told that If they had operated an our later, I would have died. - Well, I still play the lottery but I am sure I will not win anything more than just a few pounds. But, I am still hoping. - The good part of it is, I have something to look forward to.

• (It was a keyhole operation and I was home 4 days later. - They recorded it, and now they show it to students. They promised to send me a link so I can watch it too, but I never got it and I am glad now. I probably would have watched it.)

Take care of yourself. - Nick

2 Likes

How are we all doing at the beginning of this chilly week?
The snow has all gone thank heavens but last time I got too smug I woke up to it so will hope it stays away lol.
What have we all been up to? Personally been up to sod all apart from work the last few days but did get out of store today for a few hours as had to go to a store that sits on the sea front which was lovely yet darn cold :cold_face: x
@NEILB72 how did your jobs fair go? Was there anything you fancied or piqued your interest? x how are you doing this week? Iā€™m all too aware unfortunately like yourself that Motherā€™s Day is this weekā€¦only consolation I see is the clocks go forward this weekend too so one less hour to have to deal with it. Iā€™m lucky I suppose in that Iā€™m working all day x I passed the V&A museum in Dundee today and thought that it would perhaps be some where you would like to visit so took a photo of it with the Discovery ship next to it for you to see x anyway been quite an unexceptional week so far so will take that lol x
@christine51 just to remind you that think of you it no pressure to reply as know you will when you feel up to it.
Love to you all and will check in on you all in a day or so :sparkling_heart:

One is the museum and the other is just random treeā€™s with a cute sky behind it xx

3 Likes

Hi Suzanne
Great pics as always. The V&A in London is one of my favourite museums so really interested in seeing these pics :grinning:
Jobs fair better than the last one and applied for a couple( along with several others). Just really focusing on Mothers Day this week and using my coping strategy of making a call to Cruse at the end of the week and today, hopefully, doing a last minute theatre trip( which I used to do quite a lot when I first started going). Several shows release last minute tkts and I use a few different sources to get the cheapest ones so hopefully will get a bargain. Also hoping to pop in for the choral eucharist as St Martins In The Fields is right near two of the theatres that Iā€™m looking at shows for. Will post any pics I take later on or tomorrow.
I too hope Christine is OK but this week of course is going to be really difficult for us all.
Neil x

3 Likes

Hi All
Sorry I have been MIA. Had a massive headache for a fortnight and even needed to take time off work. Saw the GP and he had me in hospital on the same day for a scan! So had a brain scan and its turns out I have a brain which was a nice surprise :wink: But luckily nothing nasty on the scan.
They think it has been a severe migraine and Iā€™ve never had proper treatment for migraine, used over the counter stuff which it turns out may actually hinder rather than help. They have given me some different meds, will refer me to the eye doctor to ensure my uveitis is back. If it continues I can also go to a special migraine clinic
Also think though that thereā€™s a structural issue and its coming from my neck and shoulders. Have a private physio around the corner o made an appointment with her.
Otherwise all plodding on. Mothers Day coming is very strange. Mum died two days before Mothers Day last year but with it being a moveable feast it is falling 6 days before her 1st anniversary.
I actually find the emails asking if I want to opt out of mothers day email worse than just mothers day stuff. Opting out is like screaming this isnā€™t for you any more but I think not. She is still my Mum, I will still be thinking of her, writing a card; she may not be physically here but she will never be gone if you understand what I mean.
Take care everyone
Beki x

3 Likes

Hi Beki,
I so get what you mean about the emails. Itā€™s like you are no longer welcome in ā€˜the clubā€™ anymore :disappointed: x
glad you got your headache sorted to an extent xx

2 Likes

Hi Neil,
That sounds promising about the applications so hopefully something will come out of that if thatā€™s what you want.
If a bargain can be found for a show then you are the man to find them :ok_hand: x is there any particular show taking your fancy just now or see what is reasonably priced?
I was talking rubbish aswell apparently cause the locks go forward on 26/27th not this weekend so only positive thing is I donā€™t have to lose an hour sleep before work lol x
Hope your friend phones tonight as usual and look forward to hearing about what you definitely decide to do x
Always here for you,
Take care and much love :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi Beki
Sorry to hear about your headache but glad to hear that nothing serious showed on the scan
Iā€™ve been getting several of those 'opting out" emails and agree they can be worse than sending the email anyway. We just have to get through to the end of the week best we can. At least we all have each other and we all understand. Sometimes I think weā€™re the only ones who understand!
Neil x

2 Likes

Hi everyone
Decided to see Shirley Valentine at the Duke of Yorks Theatre yesterday. Most performances are sold out but managed to get a cheeky cheap ticket on the day and it was amazing value. Sheridan Smith was tremendous in the role( just her on stage) made famous by Pauline Collins. Also popped into St Martins In The Fields church just a few yards away to attend the choral eucharist and say some prayers for my parents, especially Mum for this coming SundayšŸ™
Sending love and best wishes to you all
Neil x

2 Likes

Hi Neil,
Itā€™s not a film/play Iā€™m familiar with but remember mum watching the film and really enjoying it. And again very good to hear you got a bargain x
Hope you are managing to not be too overwhelmed with tomorrow rearing itā€™s head and lovely of you to go to the church to send blessings to your mum and dad x they would be both so very proud of you especially pulling through your darkest days which I wish are largely behind us now (not naive enough to think totally gone) x
Do you have anything planned for tomorrow? Iā€™m working so will be able to miss it so for once Iā€™m quite lucky to be working x
Your photos are braw and I remember seeing something in that theatre but canā€™t for the life remember what it wasā€¦I think Kit Harrington was in it so think maybe Dr Faustus but could be wrong :joy: x
Just wanted to pop in and remind you that youā€™re not alone tomorrow and Iā€™ll be here as will be thinking of you and all of us that are missing them tomorrow (and every other day) x
Take care, much love and will chat tomorrow :two_hearts: x

2 Likes

Quite exciting up at the Loch yesterday when both the Ospreys arrived back on the same day within hours of each otherā€¦never happened before in over 50 years!
He has tried to mate with her a couple of times but he seems to have forgotten how to do it as keeps falling off her back :joy:ā€¦she is not impressed lol x

4 Likes

Hello all
Just wanted to say I hope we all manage OK on this special day. I hope we can focus on some good times as well.
Iā€™ve not been here for a chat as Iā€™ve had some up and down days, as I sure we all have.
Love to all of us today xxx

3 Likes

Hi Nick, looks like they are a handful!
xx

3 Likes

Hi Suzanne
Hoping we can all get through today as best as we can. Still have loads of flowers from Mum and Dadā€™s anniversary so just topped them up with daffodils and its amazing how they have all opened up with those darker yellow centres that Mum liked so much. Treated myself to a chocolate orange as that was one of her favourites.
The Duke of Yorks theatre is easy to get to in St Martins Lane and as you say, youve probably been there before. Its the theatre Ive been to the joint most in the West End. Got another trip out on Sat and will post about that in the days to come.
Thinking of us all even more today.
Love the pics
Neil x

4 Likes

Hi all

Great photos Neil. I went to the Duke of York theatre, lovely theatre. I think it was to see Aidan Turner in the Lieutenant of Inishmore - bet thatā€™s when you were there too Zanna!
The headache has eased. Had a massage and got a physio appointment on Tuesday so hopefully that will all help too when they crop up
Work was manic busy but in a good way this last week.
I got a card for Mothers Day and wrote my current feelings in it. I do find getting cards still and using them to almost journal the day very therapeutic

Next Saturday is the anniversary and granddad is coming down to stay for a few days. I have taken the Friday and Monday off work, not sure how I will feel or what I want to do, if anything, so will play it by ear. I think weā€™ve all learned that is the way to get through it
Zanna - canā€™t believe you havenā€™t seen Shirley Valentine, great film and very funny
Some of the solar fairy lights in the garden are starting to power up again now with the brighter days which is nice to see
Love to you all
Beki x

3 Likes

Hi Beki
Great to hear the headache has eased which must be a relief.
After Dad passed, I saved all Mumā€™s cards and put six Mothers Day cards up and also bought some lovely flowers . Still got my parents anniversary flowers going strong from two weeks ago! Treated myself to a chocolate orange as that was one of Mumā€™s favourites.
I saw The Lieutenant Of Inishmore too a few years ago with Aiden Turner and remember all the ladies I had to fight my way through for him to sign my programme :joy:. That was at the Noel Coward Theatre more or less next door to the Duke Of Yorks.
Well another Mothers Day nearly over and we survived it . Been remembering all the good times I had with Mum throughout the day.
Neil x

3 Likes