CREATING A SHRINE FOR MY MAM

Hi Nick,
I have found that filling in the day with tasks in the garden and routines of housework gets me through the day and motivates me to keep going. I sleep well when I’m physically exhausted and even though I feel like my world has ended now that my mam isn’t here I feel closer to her when I’m gardening because that’s how we spent a lot of our time together. It makes me sad because she’ll never see the transformation but if I just sit like I did I wouldn’t stop crying. The pain of grief is unbearable. If we can find a path forward in our days it is worth doing, whatever it is. They do say that gardening is therapy for the soul. I certainly feel better for it. And this could be a stepping stone in getting your house sold so you can move forward. You will possibly feel closer to your brother when you move into his house. Time passes whatever we do or don’t do. Keeping busy makes it go faster. Since mam I’ve decorated my house, created a workable space in the loft and am revamping the garden. I’ve created new textiles (yet to be finished). If I stop I’ll fall apart again. And so I force myself to keep going.
I’m surprised the council are being like that with you about your garden. I know they’re strict with the front space here. That is why I had to remove my lovely composting bins. I miss them!
Must get my little Porsch in before she’s eaten by the fox.
Pleased you are on an upturn. It must be very stressful selling your house but it sounds like he’s very keen. Having all that drive space, large garden and garage certainly are winners in the selling game. I have everything crossed for you!
Hope you liked the pics. Whoever posts first is the winner in my garden adventures update but they are for everyone to enjoy. It’s always strange seeing my garden in pics.
Keep going hun. It’s worth it!
Lots of love xxx

2 Likes

Forgot to say about the trend in face tats with partners names scrawled across the eyebrow or jaw. I like it! But imagine someone who has several partners. I first noticed it watching ‘Soft White Underbelly’ on you tube. It gives a voice to the homeless in LA.

1 Like

Hi Christine, it’s about time you had a restful day in the garden enjoying the sun before it gets to hot. Just resting and not doing alot will do you good.
My peonies are doing okay and mine are in clay soil, all in bud at moment just waiting to pop open. My roses are just about to flower too.
I did watch your favourite Monty on Chelsea Flower Show last night, wasn’t much else on. It is nice to see all the show gardens. I’ve never been but Doug has been alot, used to take coach loads of people in his bus driving days, down most years and often went in to have a look.
We have a garden fair in the town today, went and had a look, didn’t buy any plants but got a sign for Doug’s shed. It’s still referred to as dad’s shed so thought this sign was ideal.

Also went and sat in the park for a while on Doug’s bench watching the dad’s playing football with their children.

You should have seen me earlier trying to change the duvet cover, more like a fight really. I use it as a eiderdown, as I still prefer sheets and a blankets. I dread changing it, Doug always used to help me much easier with two.

Like you been sitting in the garden, most of the afternoon. Just ordered some loppers to tackle my laurel tree which is getting a bit out of hand and a new cover for my parasol. I should get a new parasol really. In the old house Toffee our cat jumped on it from the fence and broke one of the struts. Doug used a bit of old curtain rail to fix it using cable ties and that’s how it’s remained for the last fifteen or so years. Can’t part with it now as it’s something Doug fixed.
The birds are noisy in my garden too, the sparrows with their babies are chirping away and your right the baby starlings are very demanding and noisy. Mr and Mrs Blackbird are frequent visitors, they are not worried about me being in the garden they come very close. In fact when Toffee was here, they used to dive bomb him.
You can tell is getting to summer, the smell of BBQs in the air and music.
It’s been a while since I had a smear test, I think I’m too old now, unless I request one if I think something is wrong. Your right it’s something that has to be done. I did a bowel test recently, I’m of that age. All came back okay, no fun being a woman, with mammograms too. I just had an follow up appointment with a gynecologist, joys of having children I have a prolapse womb. She mentioned a hysterectomy this time, but I said I would wait as I’m on the list for a right knee replacement and I rather have that done first. My arthritis has got really painful all the cartilage has gone on my right knee the worse one. Should have done something about it before, but I couldn’t when I had Doug to look after.
Have you heard from the haematology yet about your blood appointment?
I am going to go in, the sun has dropped below the fence line and it’s getting a bit chilly. Love all your photos, Porsche sneaking up on you in the garden, they don’t like being out of anything they might be missing. One day I might get another cat.

Sending love :two_hearts:
Debbie xx

3 Likes

Hi Neil,
You busy boy! How fab to see another show and one on your list! And with the footie you have lots going on. Always good to have things to look forward to. Makes the down time more bearable. Looking forward to the pics!
Lots of love. xxx

4 Likes

I’m so happy, just seen Luton Town have been promoted to the Premiership, Doug will be jumping for joy in heaven :+1::+1::grin::soccer::soccer: xx

4 Likes

Hi Beki,
Yes, very Van Gogh. Would make a fab textile with hand embroidered shells and French or bullion knots for the smaller detail. Beautiful setting! And the detailed craftsmanship is amazing. Translates into glass mosaic and textile crafts. Colours are still bright. Wonder if it is regularly cleaned and what they use. Love the angels detail in black. ‘For everything there is a season’ made me cry. I know everyone dies but I still can’t accept it. I got a terrible fright tonight while watching tv. Porscha has a new bed now on the fur on top of the cushions in front of the fire. She was cold and I wrapped her in the fur (an very old real fur I found at the car bootie years ago). She was sleeping and let out the biggest sigh. I thought she had died. I really did. She’s ok and has been up and about having a bite to eat and a toilet. But it was a reality check of when it really happens. I don’t know how I will cope with that. I really can’t have her die. I just can’t. I can’t be without her. The ‘End of the line coffin well’ freaked me out. I really wish I had never existed and then I wouldn’t have to deal with this unbearable sadness. It’s brought mam back again, gasping her last breath infront of me but I couldn’t be next to her or hold her because the nurses were there checking on her. I wish I could go back to her and hold her tight and go with her. Just cease to be. Sorry Beki, I didn’t know I was this upset. It always comes out when I’m feeling exhausted.
I’m really looking forward to seeing your garden adventures! The solar lights I rescued from my sisters garden are starting to be recharged.
I hope Porsch doesn’t die during the night when I’m asleep. I have an awful feeling I’ll find her stone cold in the morn. I feel guilty for getting angry every time she’s tripped me up and been sick with treats. I really can’t do this on my own. I’m so tired of not having anyone to help me. I feel so alone.
Lots of love xxx

3 Likes

Hi everyone.
Hope your bank holiday is bringing you some peace and hopefully a bit of happiness. At least we have lovely weather.
Here are some pics from yesterday. The Spitting Image Musical: Idiots Assemble is the funniest show I have ever seen . Absolutely laugh out loud all the way through. Adults only and you have to be very broadminded and not offended by comedy aimed at royalty or politicians. Cant go into plot details as some of it cant be described on a forum like this :rofl:. Al Murray and Matt Forde are two of the comedians behind the show , writing and voices. The puppeteers are phenomenal and great to sit so close to the stage to see the puppets in great detail.
Hope you have a good Sunday
Sending love and best wishes to you all
Neil x

4 Likes

Hi Tina,
I was telling Beki last night about my fright with Porsch letting out a long sigh and I really did think she had died. I was in a right state about it but have calmed down now, though I am worried because she is off her food (still pooing so I know she’s eating when I’m not there). I can’t bear the thought of her leaving me. All she seems to do is sleep now.
Your swollen fingers do sound like arthritis. Have a look on google to see what helps. Mam had that and had to give up her knitting and crochet. It’s strange when things happen and I didn’t notice until much later because she’d be doing other things. It was when she couldn’t do the garden that I really noticed. I’d go over and be out there all day on my own and it always felt like I hadn’t seen her. It was so stressful. I felt like I was running out of time because the list of jobs dad gave me was so long and I couldn’t ever get finished. And then I really did run out of time because she just wasn’t there. I’m back to the sadness again. I think it’s the tiredness. My resolve to not give into it isn’t there so I’m in tears throughout the day. I just miss her so much. It feels like I’m waiting to be with her but I also know it’s not happening because I’ll never see her again. And so I keep busy. If the creep goes out today I’ll try weeding the lawn area because that will be in the shade. It’s going to be warm today (23) so won’t be sitting out in it. I’m getting up at 6.30 most days now and feeding the birds. It’s lovely sitting out with Porsch having my cuppa watching them. The garden will feel very flat when the babies are grown and past being fed. But I hope they will bring their children too. Mam would have loved to see what I’ve created.
Here’s some random pics left over from my very long batch to post and then I’ll be properly caught up for taking new.
I’m hunting for the fat black snails every morn to remove to the top pond so my new plants can grow.

My little bamboo at the top pond has taken and although it is still small I’ll leave it is.

The bamboo screen roll is working a treat for privacy but also letting in light.

Noticed my peach tree leaves have a strange texture to them. Google suggests apple cider vinegar so I’ll try that as I got it already to clean the rusty chain on my bike.

My raspberries haven’t arrived yet so I mulched the raised bed. Will leave the weeds in place to provide some shade if they do arrive.

Still need to plant up the last ‘room’ where the old shed decking was. The fruit trees are very small so I’ll dig them in in the Autumn and lay my lawn path today if I can (to the water butt and the pond so I can fiddle with the electric box).

Still loving my garlands. They look fab twinkling in the sun. I always think of you when I notice them. I really don’t know why your brother thinks he can tell you what to do or not do with garden things. I say do it anyway and see what the reaction is. He might not even notice. And if he takes things down just pop them back up again. I hate that he tells you what to do. I think he tries to control you because he has no control in his own life.

I love a lot of sparkle and still have to create sun catchers as my wooden sparkle bits from last year ended up in the shrine and not in the garden. Thinking of hanging some of mams lanterns as I didn’t get any of them done for her. Not waterproof as paper so will have to remember to bring them in if it rains.
Hope to get new pics today if I can. Really do feel wiped out, as if I haven’t slept but I have. Made a milkshake for today to keep the energy levels up (milk, natural yoghurt and blueberries). The milkshake maker was about a tenner on Amazon and you get 2 large bottles with it. That could be the start of introducing your healthy lifestyle option. Always makes me feel less guilty when I have a Mcd’s after swimming with the children.
Will you sit out in the garden today doing sparkly things? Hope so. Will pop back later.
Lots of love xxx
Lots of love xxx
Lots of love xxx

3 Likes

Hi Neil,
Enjoy your day. I remember Spitting Image from the eighties when Thatcher was in. Poking fun at all the cabinet members. Loved the eighties with all its excess and over the top fashion. Newcastle was full of white stilettos and rahrah skirts. I was quite orange ! from my sunbed, massive white hair and an inch thick of makeup. Just like everyone else at the time. Loved it. Can’t imagination anything up north being woke. Theyt’;re too strong minded for that. Looking forward to the pics and you have a lovely day weather wise (23 here). Will hopefully be in my garden weeding in the shade as I can’t bear the sun and will be sporting a massive sun hat. I loved nothing more than baking in the sun when I was younger. Can’t think of anything worse now.
Enjoy it babe. Lots of love xxx

3 Likes

Hi Debbie,
Love your sign for Doug. He would certainly approve. I love that you can’t bear to get rid of the parasol because Doug fixed it. I recued the big brolly because it was from the old garden and we all used to sit under it around the table for bbq’s and lunch. It is very worn and a bit torn but I’ll cover it in lacy curtains to make it pretty. Mam is everywhere and always with me. I’m really tearful at the mo, very up and down because I’m so worn out. I didn’t do anything yesterday and felt so bored. I hemmed a dress and created a bandana from the offcut. I just wish I could go over to the old house like I used to and have mam sitting in the garden waiting for me to arrive so we can start our jobs. I push myself hard to get things done because to just sit is too upsetting as I’m not distracted from thinking of her. But I hope to do something today, weeding in the shade.
I missed most of Monty this week so hope to catch up. It gives insight into the creations, the behind the scenes of it all. I loved the Japanese garden with the huge waterfall cliffs. I hope to plant in all the potted plants behind the pond in the Autumn. Might pot up the peonies for the patio in the pots I have left over as they’ve never flowered since bringing them here from the old garden. The flower heads used to be huge.
I’m just waiting now for everything to open that is in bud. A lot of my new plug have perished (foxgloves, lobelia) or been munched (petunia, marigolds). Think I’ll stick to what I know will grow in the future.
It’s a shame you never went with Doug to the Chelsea shows. I haven’t been. It’s something I could have done with mam before being agoraphobic. She would have loved it. I keep thinking of all the things we didn’t do. It’s so upsetting. I wish I had been a perfect daughter. Do you feel close to Doug when you sit with him at his bench? Or does it make you feel sad? I seem to just feel sad all the time and then really upset in waves. It never goes away.
You mentioned the duvet and it brings back all the times I helped mam change the bed, and getting new bedding as my xmas pressie. Everything becomes special that was normal then because it can never happen again. I wish I had tried harder and been better than I am in every way. It’s like I’m trying to perfect the past to make mam come back to me. I know she can’t.
I hope you get your knee done soon. If you can go private you’ll get a sooner appointment. Both my parents had hips done. Like you say, the joys of getting older. My blood test results for the high iron was moved to July but I have the results already. It’s an ongoing thing since my treatment but they don’t know why. All my organs are good. I don’t drink or smoke and have a healthy diet. My high colesterol runs in the family and it seems that the high ferritin in the blood is connected so hope an investigation can sort it all out. I’m so very aware of health now and have a real phobia of having to be in hospital because I have nobody to look after Porsch or my home.
Can still hear the birds feasting. Wonder if it aggravates the neighbours. Made me laugh with the birds bombing your Toffee. Poor thing. The starlings have very sharp beaks on them. Porsch wouldn’t stand a chance. When the babies first started arriving the fox was lurking behind the fence and kept popping in thinking I wouldn’t notice he was on the prowl for a tasty treat. He hasn’t been back since but is still enjoying his evening meal.
Must get ready and make a start. Feel so cold I have goosebumps. Sure I’ll warm up when I get out there. Enjoy your bank holiday. The funfair is here but because my niece is with her boyfriend I can’t go. Would have been niece to take my little nephew. I always used to take the children to the fair when they were little.
Lots of love xxx

4 Likes

Hi all. Checking in whilst I summon the energy to face the garden. Thankfully my quite an overcast day so not boiling hot. At the moment Pippin has landed on me for a cuddle and I can’t possibly move him :laughing:

@christine51 yes the wells were very thought provoking. My friend I went with lost her only sister 2 years ago, only 50 and her 16 yr old daughter found her, beyond heartbreaking. We took her with us to the well dressing and she scraped her mums name on a stone, she said whenever she goes somewhere her mum would love she writes her name. I had my mums necklace on and was telling her how I dab water in it when I am places like the beach in Barcelona or Cornwall. I dabbed water from the “seasons “ well and there was a perfect white feather floating on it. They are always with us xx

I’ve added more solar lights to the corner I sit in by Matilda. It’s so kitsch :laughing::laughing:

For some reason I can’t post the pic from my phone, I’ll do it next time I am on the computer. I think the space station may be able to see my lights at this rate!

@NEILB72 Spitting Image sounds right up my street!! Sounds a very good day out.

On no Pippin has got down, maybe I have to go and get on now!!

Beki xx

5 Likes

Hi Beki,
I’ve just woke from a long sleep. Totally zonked out after being freezing cold. Maybe’s needed a rest after all I’ve been doing.
That is heartbreaking. But I love that names are carved and water dabbed to keep loved ones close by. I wish I’d forced myself to join mam on hols but I couldn’t go because of my agoraphobia. I feel so guilty. She understood but that doesn’t make it any easier.
Can’t wait to see the pics. Have you spruced up Matilda for summer? Be nice to open her door and windows, sit with a cuppa and just enjoy her. Let your mind float away and remember your lovely holidays.
Did you see my pics of your birthday prism? You and Tina must have been tuned into each other. It’s so pretty, like my tiny crystal tree I have by my bed. Thinking of adding some of mams lanterns over the tables I’ve set up as separate areas so I can chase the shade.
Hope you are enjoying working in the garden. Do it before the heatwave we are supposed to be getting. Looking forward to the pics.
Lots of love hun xxx

2 Likes

Hello Christine

How is Porsche today. I hope she’s well and on her feet again. Is she a cat that picks stuff up as she’s walking around the garden? They have such delicate stomachs don’t they, little beauties.

I’m sure it was 2013 since I last had a smear test. Yes, very undignified. They always say it’s a uncomfortable sensation but it’s always agony so not going. You’d think there would be an alternative method in this day wouldn’t you.

Had a terrible few days at home. I can’t say much on here as it may be deemed by the moderators as a “trigger” but things have been very, very fraught. There’s a lot more alcohol involved in the mix now
Not by me. But that brings an unpredictability aspect and that’s very frightening to cope with. But I’m on my own today and although I’m struggling to manage Zoe’s enthusiasm at least it’s quiet.

I had a different day than expected. I saw an email from Freecycle and this lady a mile away was giving some tile offcuts for crafting so I messaged and she offered to bring them to me which was kind of her. I was going to try some mosaic pieces but will explore other things too, just stuff to distract and put something in the garden. I’ve hidden them for now outside. Wish the garden here had sections like yours, it’s quite open here. I did take some photos but they really aren’t brilliant enough to post. I’m just waiting at the moment for 2hours to pass before I water the plants as I get bothered about Zoe running about with a full stomach and getting “Bloat”. I’m always stressing over something with her.

I’m debating whether to go to the next town 8 miles away tomorrow for a change away from everything but I’m quite lazy and when tomorrow comes I will probably have talked myself out of it!

I hope the creep has gone in. I bet you jump for joy when you see the van disappear. I definitely would (and do) when I see my next door neighbours go out!

If you have any suggestions about the tiles please feel free to tell me. All inspiration graciously accepted.

Enjoy the late evening sun both of you

Much love xx

4 Likes

@christine51 How are you doing now? Before I forget I’m not actually sure how the honey root is doing if I’m honest as it looks the same as when I first got it :joy: x the weeds are still as bad as ever especially round the fence and with being the end terraces house I have a lot of fence :roll_eyes: x I kinda thought I would have to basically do it all again but I have neither the inclination nor money to do that so will just try keep on top of them and get some good weed killer. I don’t know how you do it in the garden for so long as I did some weeding (or as my pal Grant thought I said weeing lol) and the backs of my legs are so sore like I’ve pulled muscles in both legs and don’t mention the wee bug bites from the long weeds as I am eaten alive :joy: x
The tattooist that was meant to do my niece on Fri is unwell so had postpone her appointment so not sure when she’ll get done now but the artist I’m sure won’t leave her hanging too long when she feels better x. I did laugh at the thought of you being advised to be quiet or be removed :joy: x
Will you get to meet your niece this week for lunch? Will you get swimming? x
Hope Porscha is doing ok in the warmer weather as Cal is being an absolute dick lol x
My friend has just text me and said he’s got tickets for us to go to the Game Fair at Scone Palace in July which surprised me as he never a does things spur of the moment lol x just hope the weather will still be nice then x
Think you are just gonna have to bite the bullet and tell the Creep to get to f**k because it is so unfair that you have to basically tread on eggshells in your own garden x
I have the same issue with the perpetual Dawn chorus especially on my days offs x
Anyway gonna love you and leave you tonight as need to get ready for bed as working all day tomorrow x
Take care and lots of love :green_heart: x

@NEILB72 just wanted to say hi :slight_smile: and I too remember Spitting Image and that damn Chicken Song (that’s right isn’t it?) :joy: x I bet it was so unpolitically correct and close to the bone humour that it was hilarious lol x sometimes you just need good old fashioned humour and gags in this day and age. Hope your friend enjoyed it as much as you and it looks like a lovely theatre x did you get to see GOTG3 yet? How did your UC meeting go? Hopefully it was one of the nice people you saw and actually listens to you x what are your plans for this week? x
Having a hard job keeping eyes open so will wish you a good night and catch up soon.
Take care and much love :two_hearts: x

Love and wishes to all and not sure if I have posted the photos before but don’t think so, so will perhaps post again :joy: x
Love to everyone and will catch up soon with you all xx

2 Likes

IMG_9901

6 Likes

Hi Suzanne.
Seeing that show was the most I laughed for many many months . My friend really enjoyed it too. A great afternoon. Seeing GOTG 3 on Wed this week so will let you know my views on the film . Have a UC appt just before so fitting the film in just right. Lovely pics as always! Speak again soon
Sending love and best wishes
Neil x

4 Likes

Morning all.

Again have not been on a while and a lot to catch up on. I don’t know why I don’t check more often. Just distracted and busy at the moment. Just wanted to let you all know I think of you all and send lots of love.

Nic xxx

3 Likes

Hi Tina,
I can only imagine how difficult it is with brother generally but with drinking involved I agree it must be like treading on eggshells. My ‘friend’ along the doors is a heavy drinker and can erupt at the slightest thing I say. It’s not a ‘friendship’ in the sense of what we would generally expect. Anxiety is what we have in common and he was the only one who chatted to me when I moved in. And of course we have our love of cats. Porsch is back to her usual self. But I really did panic because of the sigh and her being so chilly. It really is very cool on a night. I had to pop a wool cardy on in bed with winter socks. I’ve always felt the cold.
It was so very kind of the lady dropping off the tiles to you. Beki’s holiday pics are inspiring and once you find your theme (if you have a selection of colours) you can start banging them with a hammer to break them up. You could decorate sections of path, a step just outside the door, create a wall ‘frame’ of the door. or just scatter along the path taking the eye up the garden. Mam was always finding boodie (china bits) in the garden as we worked. If you have old plates and cups you wouldn’t miss they could be added to your collection. Once broken into pieces you can see what you have to play with. Colour and pattern can be translated into anything you like. Flowers are fab as they can be very abstract in design. Pinterest and the like can inspire you. I’m inspired myself and wish I hadn’t thrown away cups and plates that have broken. I’ll start keeping them from now on. The ready made cement I got for my patio isn’t ready made at all but a powder mix that needs me to add the water. Quite a faff. Tested it on mending the roof tile and needed quite a bit for the small job of filling in a hole. But you could work on sections. You could also make pretty any large tubs or wooden boxes in the garden. I rescued a very pretty pot decorated with shells from my sisters garden. Adding small sections to a collection would tie the whole display together. Looking forward to seeing what you do! I am inspired to create a mosaic step outside the kitchen door. Will have to look for bits to use and check out freecycle. That’s where I got a lot of my large rocks for the pond.
It’s really very easy to create ‘rooms’ by using cheap arches as doorways into sections (a tenner on Amazon). Breaking the garden up can feel like a huge task. It did for me in the old shed area because I didn’t know where to start. I already had the path and arches with climbers taking you up the garden. Adding more arches to direct you into the new spaces made sense. And placing the large brolly with the weights created a smaller planting space. Putting in the big trees and bushes breaks it up again to create smaller sections to plant up. In the end I wanted more space!
I’ve really not had a good weekend as I’ve been stuck in the bedroom with no energy and just really upset about mam. Hopeing to get out there today if the creep goes out. He was out yesterday but not for long. When I’m feeling vulnerable I don’t have the energy to be out there. But I have been feeding the birds at about 7am and sitting out with Porsch for my cuppa. It’s a nice start to the day before I get cracking on household chores. Gardening really is therapeutic and the difference in me when I’m not able to be out there is huge. I can hear the birds feasting from my bedroom with the kitchen door open. So lovely.
Here’s some mosaic inspirations from Google
Love this snail design. Very simple yet effective.
A small table would be a great focal point and can be enjoyed while you have your cuppa. You could add in some of your sparkly bits and bobs to make it shine in the sun. Very simple pattern is always my fave as it reminds me of childhood arts and crafts at home and school. Remember the sticky shapes for making pictures?

Pots. Block colour with intricate detail is good.
A mosaic bowl filled with water for the birds and wildlife would add another dimension and if it is large enough could become a focal point in a ‘room’.
Love these stone designs.

Now these are very you! Think I’ll do some myself to add height, colour, pattern and interest to the borders.

Reminds me of the lollipops in the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Was always freaked out by the little people!

Love this very simple daisy design but would add bright colour and create a range of block colour ‘petals’.
OMG! How fab is this! Just beautiful. It’s like an outdoor carpet.

Love love love. The possibilities are endless and once you get going you can just keep adding to it.
Adore these little guys. Very stained glass window, like angels wings.

There are so many beautiful ideas. You have inspired me! This can be another layering to my garden once I’ve finished planting up. Can be my new summer project. Think I’ll start having a look on freecycle and Amazon for mosaic tiles. Hope you are inspired too. I know bro will take offence to anything and everything you do but I hope you will continue to be creative in your garden. He may take a while to notice and if he takes things down you can always pop them back up to enjoy while he’s at work. And take lots of pics. He may get bored when he sees how strong your determination is. And if breaks or bins anything break something of his in retaliation. Works a treat when he knows there’ll be consequences to his behaviour. I wish we could all be there to support you and be present so he stops being so vile with you. You are such a wonderful woman Tina! Don’t let him stop you being who you are because he is so miserable with who he is. Bullies feel very small and that is why they pick on others around them. The more he gets away with the more he’ll do. Every little win is a huge victory and we will celebrate that with you when we see your wonderful work. You’ve given me a new project to start. Just need to gather my bits. But that’s all part of the fun.
Let me know what you think and if you have lots of bits to add to your mosaic tiles. Sparkly buttons would be good too. I have so many in the loft from freecycle. I was dreading having to tile the gaps between the patio slabs but now it can be the start of a whole new adventure. So pleased you shared your tiles. Would love to see a pic of them.
I’ll pop back again later. Lots of love xxx

4 Likes

Hi Suzanne,
Absolutely amazing pics! Love the first one. Such beauty! You are lucky to immerse yourself in it. Makes the getting out of bed at a ridiculous hour worthwhile!
Have you planted your root yet? Hope so babe! It needs to get in the soil or compost to get going.
Love that you are weeing ! in your garden. You could dump a load of plastic ontop of the weeds to kill them off but it won’t look pretty. Another thought is to dump a load of top soil or manure on there and dig it over, removing the weeds as you go to prep the area, creating ‘beds’. Weeds will always find a way and the more there are the more they will thrive. I’ve always enjoyed weeding as it’s very rewarding to see a pile removed and the soil free to plant in. I always did the old garden. I find when I have a day off from working I ache. And when I come in on an evening a soak in a hot bath always helps with the ache. I’ve been bitten a lot with midgies when I’m sitting out on an evening. It’s with having the ponds. They’re attracted to water. Hope to see some dragonflies over the summer and frogs. I’ve been hunting the massive black snails very early on a morn to stop them munching on my pond plants.
Shame about your nieces tat. Yes, I’ve been told on many occasions that if I can’t behave myself I would have to leave. Couldn’t stop laughing when my sis was getting her eyes tested years ago with them hideous testing goggles they use. I just couldn’t stop laughing.
Love that Cal is an absolute dick! Wonder if he knows! Porsch is quite happy on her chair, wrapped in her blanket as it’s still rather chilly. Where is the summer?
Another thought for your weeds. Gravel is always an option. I got mine from Amazon at £8.50 a bag (very reasonable) but they go quickly. That’s why I have gold and then pink (wish it looked as glam as it sounds). But you will still get weeds coming up. You’ll just have to do sections at a time. You’ve seen what I’m faced with. I have a huge dandelion bigger than anything else I’ve planted. But I’ll keep that one in and see how big it gets. The new thing is to encourage weeds to produce diversity within the garden. And weeds with a flower are very pretty, adding colour and form.
Just been sharing crafty ideas with Tina for her mosaic tiles. Are you tempted? Going to jazz up the patio with buttons and all sorts instead of just filling in the gaps between slabs.
Off now to get dressed so will pop back later.
Lots of love xxx

3 Likes

Hi Nic,
Lovely to see you babe and I hope the girls are well. Send them my love and tell them the man in the moon is watching over me as I sleep!
You’ll have so many posts to catch up on. I always find it quite stressful trying to catch up as I hate missing anything or anybody. Might be easier to just start from here like you’ve never been away. I hope life is ticking along. When I’m busy I’m able to get through the day without crying but when I stop and am just sitting that’s when the upset returns. This weekend hasn’t been great. You must be so busy with work and the girls. I do find routines help to fill in time. I wonder if it will ever become more bearable rather than just distracting myself from mams absence.
Been very busy in the garden and the old shed area is newly planted up (still needs finishing). Just planting up behind the large pond where I added trellises so the creep can’t be watching me. When he’s quiet I worry what he’s up to! Will be posting new pics soon as the garden bursts forth with colour as summer arrives (gone quite chilly again). I’m enjoying watching all the baby birds feasting on treats and faffing about in the pond. So beautiful to see and hear. They’re so very loud.
Be lovely to have you pop in even just once a week to say hi. I know it’s easy to let things slide when I don’t feel up to it. But I always feel much better when I’m posting. Feel less alone when I have the love and support of the group. Really can’t imagine where I’d be now without them.
Must get dressed or I never will. Hope to do some weeding today and take some pics to post later. See you then.
Lots of love xxx

3 Likes