Crying dried up

My husband died just over 7 weeks ago and I have been crying lots and lots until the beginning of this week. I have been having to start to sort out all of the admin in earnest now the funeral is over (it was last week) and I have barely cried the last two days - is there something wrong with me?. I am not really feeling anything except I still cannot believe he has died. Its as if I don’t care and I don’t understand why I am like this ?

5 Likes

JSG
There is nothing wrong with you… you would still be in shock . I think for a short time your brain takes over and you have to sort things out . Grief is very different for everyone but I’m sure there is nothing wrong with the way your feeling.
I still cry every day 18 months on and trying to keep going every day . But everyone is different.
Sending hugs to you and I’m so sorry you find yourself in this horrendous journey x

4 Likes

Hi Jsg,

Please don’t give yourself a hard time, I think it’s absolutely normal. Much the same as you, I cried consistently for weeks when I lost my husband…but it’s almost like you get to a stage whereby you have cried yourself out and you physically can’t do it any more, your body needs to rest…it’s not to mean you don’t care.

Not sure if it will make you feel better, but I did start to cry again, although more intermittently not consistently…& I still cry most days 11 months on. Be kind to yourself on the emotional roller coaster, sending a hug x

3 Likes

Thank you for your supportive comments and my crying was back with a vengeance yesterday afternoon and today. Went to a bereavement cafe today and it was really good to speak to people who understood this horrible journey we are on.

1 Like

Hi,

I know exactly what you mean, I lost my husband 7 weeks ago, he was 39 and I’m 27. Left 2 very young children behind. I haven’t cried for a good week now and I do feel guilty for not. I’m really struggling and feel physically sick everyday, I just miss him so much and I think the worse part is there is literally nothing I can do about it x

2 Likes

Don’t feel guilty. My wife died 5 weeks ago, the funeral was Thursday just gone so I was arranging that which took time. I cried most mornings plus evenings but during the day with the organising not as much.

But it’s worse now that the funeral has been and gone and I seem to be more upset during the day.

And your are right @Abi1, there is nothing that you can do about it, unless someone invents a time machine, magic wand or can clone humans.

2 Likes

I know how you feel, I lost my wife of 45 years on the 3 rd October, I miss herevery minute of the day, she was everything to me, I cru bit not for long ,I feel guilty that I’m still here , everything seems to carry on as normal but it’s not, I know it’s early days but I think I will always have the empty feeling

1 Like

I feel guilty for being here too and hate the thought of life without my husband. Weekends are particularly bad and it’s when I am at my absolute loneliest as the weeks at the moment are filled up with paperwork to sort out his estate etc but also he died suddenly on a Saturday morning so they are another week without him. I alternate between numbness, emptiness, crying and feeling rage and all the time wishing I could back in time until before 13 August

1 Like

Thanks for responding to me and I’m so sorry for your loss, Sundays are the worst, I’ve just been and had a roast in the pub on my own very difficult, we used to love Sundays but I find them very difficult, can’t think about the future just one day at a time , take care

1 Like

That’s brave a roast on your own. My husband was renowned for his roast dinners and it was hard to find anywhere who did a roast as good as his. When I am feeling stronger I will try a roast on my own as they are a big part of our lives together ( we had a ritual around them)

1 Like

Thanks to all who have responded, you think it’s only you that is suffering, I can see by the messages I’m not alone take care all of you I appreciate your support

1 Like

Sunday’s are worst for me too! I cried a lot this evening,
Actually crying out loud! Still lying awake at 2.45am,
It’s terrible, for me it is nearly 10 weeks this Tuesday :tired_face: xx

So sorry , hope I haven’t made it worse for you, take care

1 Like

No you definitely didn’t make things worse, we are all going through the same thing, it’s just some days ate worse than others, I just find Sunday the worst, I see my family all week days, Sunday I keep myself busy around the house, but it still doesn’t stop the tears :cry: xx

Ok you take care, I try to keep busy in the week , weekends are the worst and I am dreading Christmas,it’s only been a month since I lost suk noo early morning

1 Like

Since I lost sue, it’s hard as you now

1 Like

I did stop crying it was like I had gone numb, I got on with sorting out papers like a robot, I drank myself to sleep—the next day repeat. I have a dog she got me through everything but if I did start to cry she would jump next to me and try to comfort me. I feel so bad about this its as if she is feeling my pain so I try not to cry so I don’t upset the dog. Yes, I have gone a little crazy shhh you are the only ones I have told.

3 Likes

You take of yourself, I’m just taking one day at a time, I have a dog as well and he’s been a great comfort