Crying

What you describe is exactly my life, Eileen was disabled and most of her equipment is still in place, I can’t seem to discard it, my car has been adapted Keith a lift to take her scooter, you will never replace Keith but you might find a friend, X

She died on the 11th Oct this year and we were married for 41years, it was a second marriage for both of us. For the last 20years she has been disabled and I never left her side, x

We used to like coach trips and I’ve been thinking later on I might try one but it will be by myself which I am a bit apprehensive about,x

I said in one of my answers that my wife died on the 11th oct which is today’s date ,sorry it should be 11th August of this year, sorry for the " senior moment" x

Hi Paperjack

Yes, its daunting confronting whether you can face taking a break when we feel so dreadful grieving like you are…

You have given it thought about a break,havent you? It points that a positive desire to take a break and a short one a couple of days say… four day one. Lots of coach companies do them ad you may know. The big companies and your local ones may offer good selections

Do you have to go on your own for this contemplated break? Is there a good friend who would join you who would be supportive and nice company. You could pop into the local travel agent if you dont do online. I dont do online for breaks and day trips. Most travel agents are efficient and make customers feel comfy when in tbe shop. I use the Co Op locally and they were very goid and did National Express bookings for me.

You could choose a destination that will be a bit different than what you did together. I love the British Isles. I cant face going abroad dont think i ever will. Our Golden in 2014 was abroad and was fabulous.

What about a coach day trip?. Not everyone goes as a couple and its a mixed bag of folk on coaches.

Hope you keep up the positive vibes and even if you feel awful on days…and we all do…its good to get out and about even alone. If you like people and are a bit outgoing then this helps as most folk are friendly and will pass the time of day and bsnter on buses Maybe your Children will give you some ideas

Misty1 x

Paperjack If you live in the UK a Network Railcard and a National Express Coachcard if over 60 i think it is. I use mine still

Thank you for your sympathy, Kind Regards, xx

Sorry but the date is wrong, it was the 11th August this year, xx

I find this community a solace…also the anomnity is calming. I dont know anyone on here yest detive comfirt and healing from the Threads ove read so far

Misty1 x