Dad died on Friday

Where do I begin, My Dad passed away on Friday 5th Febuary 2021. I feel so lost that I can’t eat or sleep. I have a mother who lives approximately 10 mins drive from My home. Yet She hasn’t come to see me or the kid’s. Her and my Dad split when I was 18 month’s old. He went on to have another 3 boys. They weren’t part of mine or my brother’s lives. I’m really not dealing with the loss, He last visited Me and My children Christmas 2019. If I’d of known that would be the last time I’d of seen him.,I’d would of asked him why he walked away when I was a child. The fact my mother lives a short distance away. Yet is using covid as an excuse not to be here. Yet I was in her car the other week when she went to charge her car tyre. I don’t understand why she hates me so much. I’m a mother and if any of My kid’s needed Me, I’d be there no hesitation at all. I feel like I’ve lost both parents. I tried to talk to her so have other family member’s. She doesn’t give a Damn. I’m cutting her out My life now. I can’t keep trying and getting nothing back in return. Sorry for the rant. Just in hurting so much and I’ve nobody who can truly understand the pain I’m feeling.

Hello @Verona78

We are so sorry to hear about your Dad. The shock and sadness must be overwhelming for you.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

The forum is made up of a number of categories, to make it easier to find others who might be going dealing with very similar issues. You might want to look at the Losing a Parent category: https://community.sueryder.org/c/losing-a-parent/14

It’s early to know if you need any extra help, but just so you know we are here for you, Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling .

Take care Verona and keep posting,

Mick
Online Community Team.

I’m sorry for how you are feeling.

I can understand the feeling of unanswered questions, my mother passed 2 weeks ago and my mind is full of them. Your dad had his reasons, whether they were right or wrong, you would have been in his mind every day.

My dad has cut himself of my situation as well, he refuses to talk about my mum, they had split over 25 years ago. It’s hard your parents not being there when you need them, especially being a parent yourself, we would do anything for our kids right?

It’s hard, you will get threw this, as will I. But I know your hurt by your mums actions just now, but just take the time to think about cutting her off. God forbid is anything happens you don’t want to deal with more unanswered questions and uncertainty.