Dad fading away

Im about to lose my dad to cancer, ive never felt anything like this, how do i get to grips with my emotions? I feel in a very dark place atm and just dont know where to turn

4 Likes

I’m so sorry that your dad is dying, @Clarzie78. Thank you for bravely reaching out - many of our members have lost someone they loved to cancer and you are not alone.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to let you know that Macmillan Cancer Support also have an online community for people affected by cancer, and their loved ones. You can find it here: https://community.macmillan.org.uk

Macmillan also offer a support line. If you need to talk, you can call them on 0808 808 00 00.

Take good care,
Seaneen

So sorry about your dad my heart goes out to you i also lost my Mum and husband to cancer i lost my mum Oct 2019 and my husband Oct last year if you ever need to talk i am here for you xx

1 Like

I dont have much to add except that I lost my mum end of Dec and the lead up to that was pure agony.
I take antidepressants and had to inc my dose-I know theyre not for everyone but maybe a consideration? Ive also had counselling through GP but thats ended now. Im on a waiting list for more.
If you keep reading on here youll see so many people feeling the same despair, so it feels a bit less isolating.
Mazza x