Dad

I lost my dad February 2021
Dad had kidney cancer 8 years ago and lived a good life up until lockdown started he just wasn’t well sadly in July last year the doctors told us the news we had been dreading the cancer had spread everywhere dad cried and when asked if was ok he said he was crying for me he was frightened of leaving me
I cared for dad right up to the end it was the hardest thing I’ve ever done watching the man you love die
It’s only the last few weeks it has hit me and it’s hit me like a steam train
My partner walked out he just doesn’t understand what I am going through
I have good days and bad I feel guilty that dad died
And it’s hurting me not having him here to talk my problems through

1 Like

Hi Rachel, you have had a horrendous time, it’s so hard watching somebody you love die, and unless you have been through it you have no idea how it feels, it’s not something you get over just like that, it’s a long process coming to terms with what has happened, I still miss my husband dreadfully even though it is 10 years ago, I suppose I have learnt to live with it and am getting on with my life, but it’s not easy, all I can say is take a day at a time and be kind to yourself, sending love Jude xx

Thank you Jude
It’s so nice to know I am not alone xx

1 Like

You are not alone, there are so many people who are going through,or have been through what is happening to you, hang on in there it will get better xx