Dads anniversary

Today marks 4 years since my dad left us,i still feel as angry as the day he went to sleep.
It doesnt get any easier and doesnt matter what i do i cant win with my own head,im off work im upset i go to work on his anniversary im upset,not one single family member texts to see if im ok on this day.
Im tired of the battle in my own head day in day out,i just want some peace in my life but cant seem to find it.
I hate this day and dread it every year.
Feeling lost and hopeless…

Hello @Rachie83,

I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. It sounds as though things are very difficult at the moment and you are feeling lost.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support. You might already be familiar with our other Online Bereavement Support services, but if not, you can find out more about our Online Counselling service, our Grief Coach text support service, and our Grief Guide self-help tools by visiting the link.

Another good resource to look at is Losing a parent

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

Hi @Rachie83,

I have just done the first anniversaries of my Dad passing and his funeral so understand how you feel on that anniversary day.

All your emotions and feelings are totally normal so let them happen and don’t bottle things up.

Have you spoken with your GP (or Social Practitioner if your surgery has one)?
I spoke with both my GP & SP and they were very helpful.

Have you tried counselling?

Happy to msg if it helps.

Take care
:blue_heart: