Dads birthday on Tuesday.

Tuesdaywould have been my dads birthday. the first birthday that he wont be here. Im starting to feel it as it gets close & im not sure how to cope with it .it will also be 6 months since he passed on the 9th of August:( i can’t believe its been 6 months since i lost my amazing wonderful dad…it doesn’t feel like its getting any easier. Feels like its getting worse …I miss you Dad :broken_heart:

1 Like

Dear @xbabbbear19x

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad.

Were there any birthday traditions that your dad had that you could continue with that he did on his birthday? You could also think about writing your dad a letter, attaching it to a balloon and letting the balloon go, make his favourite meal and share it with family and friends, look at photos or keep it simple by planting his favourite plant in the garden.

In the evening you could then light a candle and raise a glass to your dad. From experience having lost my dad who I was close to, you need to keep busy that day and continue on as normally as you can. As a family we had a meal and talked about my dad on the first birthday without him, we cried and laughed and planted a birthday rose in his memory in the garden.

In the search bar if you type First Birthday Without Dad you can connect with members who have experienced what you are going through. The support is amazing.

Sue Ryder have launched a Grief Self-Help Service that contains useful information and helps you to understand and cope with your bereavement and grief.

Please continue to reach out and take care. Will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Pepsi

1 Like