Dad's funeral

Hi everyone.
Its my dad’s funeral tomorrow, he passed 6 weeks ago and I’m now sure how I’m going to get through it.
Does anyone have any hints they are willing to share to try and help me.
Thank you xxx

3 Likes

Hello @BabyPicko,

I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling anxious.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

We also offer further support which you might want to take a look at. Our Online Bereavement Support includes our free online bereavement counselling, our Grief Guide which has interactive tools to help you cope with grief, and Grief Coach, where you can receive personalised support via text.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

So sorry for the loss of your Dad @BabyPicko, I don’t really have any tips except please don’t worry about just being yourself. I’m sure you will be among people who care and understand. I suppose best advice I can give is make sure you have plenty of strong hankies or tissues so you can at least feel a little prepared. I cried at the funerals of both my Dad and Mum, so did my Sister and Brother in Law. If you need to speak, and are worried about holding it together for that, maybe just plan a very shortened version you can fall back on, or let the priest or celebrant know beforehand that you’re feeling wobbly, so they can step in if you need help -they will I’m sure, nobody expects you to be totally stiff upper lip, it’s your Dad after all. I hope you will have good support tomorrow, my thoughts are with you, sending hugs xx

2 Likes

It’s my Dads funeral on 1/11/22. I’m feeling like time is standing still at the moment. I’ve written a tribute to him on behalf me, my brother and our respective children. I’m determined to stand up and deliver it myself.

I wish you all the best for tomorrow, it’ll be an emotional day saying goodbye and may come as some relief to finally lay your Dad to rest as it seems you’ve had to wait a long time. It’ll be a celebration of his life and you’ll be surrounded by friends and family who will support you.

2 Likes