Dads passing

I lost my father on the 16th March, and my mother Jan 2016. Im am lost and only holding it together for my 3 children and my brother.

My father was an exceptional man, and my constant for 53 years. He survived a 6 hour operation we visited him 2 days after and he was sitting up, we thought the road to recovery had stated, the early on the Monday morning he had a heart attack and from there we sat by his bed 27/7 but at 5.14 on the 16th of March he had nothing left to fight with and took his last breath.

I feel so alone

Hi Mark,

I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad and your Mum and that you’re feeling lost and so alone at the moment. It must have been especially difficult to think your Dad was on the road to recovery only to lose him a short time later. It must have been a great comfort for your Dad to have you there with him.

You are not alone, there are loads of lovely supportive people on the forum who will completely understand what you’re going through.

When I lost my Mum 4 years ago the community was really supportive & it definitely helped being able to talk to people who were experiencing or had been through the same thing.

Do you have any close friends that you can talk to? I had some bereavement counselling when my Mum died which really helped me. It was my safe place where I could say whatever I wanted to.

How are your 3 children & brother doing? It must be difficult feeling you have to hold it together for them.

Please keep posting & take care x

Hi Mark

Just wanted to say you are not alone.

Losing a parent is so hard and losing two close together is a double blow.

I am 42, lost my wonderful dad in May last year then 6 weeks later my mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She was given 6 weeks to live but is still here, just, but the feeling of losing your history in your parents is something I feel daily.

You are not alone though. I get comfort posting and reading other peoples posts here and I hope you will too.

I hope you return to this thread and let us know how you are doing.

Ann x

Hi Ann

The pain is real and the feeling of lonleyness is so deep. Not sure how to go on. But I have to for my three children. Just so empty numb and …

But thank you for taking the time to read and reply.

I know I’m in a bad place by the web searches I do. The feeling of wanting to run away. But this pain there is nowhere to go to take this feeling away.

Hi Ann

The pain is real and the feeling of lonleyness is so deep. Not sure how to go on. But I have to for my three children. Just so empty numb and …

But thank you for taking the time to read and reply.

I know I’m in a bad place by the web searches I do. The feeling of wanting to run away. But this pain there is nowhere to go to take this feeling away.

Hi Mark

One of the last things my dad ever said to me was “everything changes”.

It was a simple thing but so poignient to me. You are in a tide of grief at the moment and all you can do is take one day, one hour at a time.

Keep posting here. It helps me. I was in floods of tears yesterday but releasing some of the emotions helps. I talk to my son about my parents all the time and that helps too. His view on the world is simple at 5 but really helps me realise I have to go on.

The one thing death can’t do is take away the love you feel for people and for me that is something to hold on to too.

Take care and get help. You will get through.

Ann