Dark dark space

You have cheered me up, as I am so pleased you managed to make that all too hard move to motivate yourself. One thing I have discovered about going through grief, we can go down with a resounding bump but equally we can pick ourselves up as well. My Nan always used to say “It has to get worse before it get’s better” and how true I am finding those words are. When I have a rotten day I now think, “Oh well tomorrow might be much better”.
I think we have to accept those horrid times as grief but make the most of the better days.
You say ‘nothing seems worth the effort’ well you have proven that the effort makes you feel that much more human and able to cope for a while.
Good luck and thanks for letting us know that you have managed to pull yourself out of spiralling downwards. You have managed to find a way.
Pat xx

2 Likes

I’m smiling Pat…:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi Kate, pleased that you’re smiling. Hard to believe that we can learn to smile and even laugh again but it does happen even with the terrible pain hanging over us. I remember the time I laughed outloud once more and it sounded really strange.
Pat xxxx

2 Likes

Hi Sadie, each day presents challenges to us who are left to carry on without the people we love. Give in to it when you need to and take heart when you have a better day. I have good moments and bad, good days and bad, there’s no pattern to it. Sending big hugs, Julie x

It is such an odd time Julie
Life now is strange
Hope you have a good day
Sadie x

1 Like

I share your feelings I am so lonely it’s hard to be on your own now with this lock down…I find I am not as patient as i normally am, I have my dog but I still feel alone, it’s only been since end of March…

2 Likes

It’s such early days and the way life is at the moment makes it even harder. I always feel alone even if I’m in a room full of people as the person who used to be with me isn’t there. Big hugs, thinking of you, Julie xx

Yes I agree how long have you been without your partner …

Chat tomorrow nite nite

1 Like

My husband Alan left us on 27 October 2019 so it’s been seven months. How long has it been for you? I hope you can sleep and speak tomorrow. X

Morning Julie Richard died on 28 March so very raw…how did you cope day to day…this virus is making things a lot worse…

Dear Janet, apologies for the delay in replying. It’s not been long since your lovely Richard left you. I don’t honestly know how to describe trying to cope day to day. After Alan died it was his birthday three days later and after we’d had the funeral it was the run up to Christmas and so those were a focus. I returned to work in January and was trying to get a new routine when Covid 19 struck, which as you say, has added more difficulty to an already heartbreaking time. Do you have family, they can’t take away the pain as no one can do that, but I do find having them around helps ease it a bit. Do take care of yourself and it’s okay to have bad moments and bad days, I just try to take things day by day but it doesn’t always work. Julie xx

Thank you for your kind words, I have very bad days but some are a bit better…having birthdays is always hurtful…Christmas etc…my daughter pops in each evening but is hard on your own, to much thinking time… where abouts do you live ? Maybe we could email each other what’d you think?.. I live in Bristol…stay safe… I’m sure like me you talk to Alan, I chat to Richard… xx

Janet, I most certainly do talk to Alan all the time, he’s probably thinking how he’s still not getting a rest from me!! I’m more than happy to email, mine is [edited by admin], I live in Birmingham, Bristol is a lovely place. I’m glad you’re daughter pops in, it’s such a difficult time all round. Take care, Julie xx