Dating after losing a partner

Hi Jonathan what u think about dating ,its now 8 months and I really feel lonely after 25 years and still I’m just 49 ,did u join any on line dating or u still just take, don’t know what I want than, don’t believe his gonne what r u thoughts on this???

Hi Nanda
I to am 8 months in and am 51.
I have started to date again - he’s very nice and we are taking it very slowly without any expectations.
It’s just to have company, to have a reason to get dressed up and it has given me hope for the future - even if this goes nowhere I feel more confident in me and the fact that I do have a future.
If you want to dip your toe do so - you can always take it back out if you feel it’s too soon xx

4 Likes

Hi Paula and Nanda. I too have been seeing someone for 10 months now.He is a lovely guy and treats me like a princess but at the moment I just can’t commit because thoughts of Ron and of course memories, just pop up at the most unexpected times. A record will play in the car and suddenly my heart wrenches so I know my grief is still there to the fore but I enjoy dating and being fussed over. Everyone is different.I just need to feel loved although at the moment I don’t know what I feel in return. I hope as time passes that I can give more to the relationship but it is just SO hard to start again.

1 Like

Hi. Nanda. Sorry not to have got back to you before. Now why should anyone think dating after bereavement is wrong? Our loved ones would have wanted us be at least a little less upset than we are, and companionship is so important to us humans. No, I have not looked for or found anyone to be with, but I may be too old in the tooth to want any company. Anyone middle aged or even beyond can always derive comfort from being loved and cared for. It’s essential that at least we have friends who understand. I am lucky in that respect. 49 is no age to just give up. Nowadays its still young. My suggestion, and it’s a very personal one, is go for it. Never deny yourself the pleasure of a companion out of guilt. Ask what he/she would have wanted for you.

Blessings and best wishes. John.

4 Likes

No that was stupid day and drunk of course I cant t early just would like not t feel lonely as iam ,never been alone since 16 and he was my biggest cheerleader in my life I’m low moments ,too many ,and he was never fed up t make good everyday so now I’m really struggling living with my beautiful soulmate ,hope u r well and sorry about ,was drank ,take care

Having really the worst month since he died ,a year ago that’s when he stopped talking and everyday for 3 months I just saw this smart witty and intelligent guy ,be a shadown of himself, and I knew with is ilness being so rare,around the world just 150 people or so he wouldn’t be alright, and wasnt treatment available, that’s how rare the ilness is,but I found a forum with people didnt die ,and I hold my mind in their comments ,never expecting the end being so near ,so 8 months now and cant cope still ,cant leave bed and dont know what t do with myself cause I had t leave my work t be present for him cause I knew would b quick but never thought how much he suffered all the mistakes doctors nurses and everyone donne in the last weeks ,I had t b in the phone 4 hours a day in his last 2 weeks was appalling how they treat m ,last time I took him for the hospital knowing he was gonna die ,a doctor ask me :what u want doctors nurses a team for him ,I just said I want him not t b in pain cause they discharge him back home the last weeks and noone told m he was in pain day and night was awful, everything was awful and I felt soo sorry ,sorry I’m rumbling today ,still love him sooo much 25 years ,of my best friend and cheerleader of me ,miss him sooo much sorry ,this soo long ,my thoughts today ,have the best day u can my friends ,this road it’s really the most painful ever!!:sleepy::sleepy:

1 Like