Dating again

The thought of going through all that courting and getting used to their ways and having another mother inlaw, and that is without baggage absolutely makes me cringe,i would always compare him to my Paul who was my soulmate,although im only 56 i don’t want to be on my own but i just feel i would be cheating on him,i dont think i can do it :broken_heart:

2 Likes

I’ve been pondering this one quite a bit myself. I feel too young to live out the rest of my days as a modern day “Eleanor Rigby” wannabe. I just know that in the 4 months since my wife passed the silence in this house has become deafening. Intellectually for me, I believe that I need to wait at least a year before I seriously begin to think about trying to enter a relationship with another person before I can even hope to be able to focus my attention on them rather than on me and my personal needs. I need to prove to myself and to the world that I am of a strong enough constitution to take care of myself and am not just looking for somebody else to take care of me. On the other hand, my inner soul cries out for companionship. I intend to let my brain win the battle because I know that I am not emotionally ready to be in the present quite yet and I don’t need a rebound relationship mistake that will only serve to screw up 2 lives. It’s not entirely a coincidence that I began posting on a site in another country rather than my own.
I know my wife would not want me to be lonely and miserable, and I personally feel that it would dishonor her to live in such a manner for the rest of my life.
Everybody really has to answer this one for themselves as we are all as unique as a snowflake. That is what I feel is right for me. As somebody on this site so wisely told me just yesterday; you do you.

2 Likes

To many variables to answer this one
Length of relationship
Children
Personally when your ready

All make each situation different
(But definitely not a cousin)

1 Like