Dave

Wednesday was a bad day for me it was 8 months since I lost my dad and also yesterday wasn’t good either as I was crying alot as it was on a Thursday that I lost him still feels difficult still can’t get my head around it that he’s not here even my mum said to me the other day still feels like a bad dream and we’re just going wake up the next will be his birthday the end of August which I’m not looking forward to as it’s first one as well I haven’t been very well since I lost my dad with my asthma and having 2 chest infections where I’ve had to a and e to see them on 2 occasions within the past 6 weeks im starting councelling again on Monday as I need it

2 Likes

Hello @David8,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. It sounds as though things are very difficult at the moment and you are understandably missing him a lot. I’m also sorry to hear of your health issues.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now, alongside or while you are waiting for your counselling to start.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

Hi David,

I just wanted to say that you are not alone with finding the grief difficult eight months on.

It will soon be eight months since I lost my Dad and i still feel very lost and the grief is constant. It presents itself in different ways and some days are worse than others, but it’s always there.

The monthly anniversary always feels that bit worse as it brings back all of the memories of losing Dad and it’s traumatic.

It’s daunting to face the first birthday and other special occasions without our loved ones. My Dad passed away last November and we had a lot of the “firsts” in the space of a few months, Christmas, Dad’s birthday, mums and so on. I wanted to commemorate my Dads birthday and to celebrate him but it was difficult.

Grief is very draining and can take a toll on our health. I hope you are feeling better soon and the counselling is beneficial.

Take care
X

2 Likes

Hi,
My name is Lindsey and i lost my dad last month.
i cared for him so i feel completely lost.
I’m so sorry to hear of your dads passing

2 Likes