Dave

Hi it’s Dave I haven’t been I’m still struggling good days and bad days it’s just gone 14 months now since I lost my dad his headstone was recently put on about a week before Christmas it really hit me when I saw it for the first time me and my mum thought we were just in a bad dream but no it’s real in February I’m starting more counselling as I need it there is still parts of me with alot of anger like I’m angry with god for him taking him away from me and anger that it’s also hit me with abit of PTSD now since losing my dad it’s absolutely destroyed me losing my dad we were like twins when he passed away felt like part of me had died too I’m now looking after my mum and caring for her now she panics now and doesn’t like being left on her own since losing my dad I haven’t posted for a while I just feel I need people to understand how I’m feeling I was never ever prepared for losing my dad

3 Likes

Hi @David8 ,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

I also wanted to share this Sue Ryder article with you which may offer you some support. Take a read when you feel ready. Losing a parent - coping with the death of a parent | Sue Ryder

Take good care,
Alex