Dave

It’s just gone 16 months now since I lost my dad I’ve still got a lot of anger that I wasn’t there I didn’t make it to the hospital things I never got to watch with my dad like the movies I got ready for him like laurel and hardy and benny hill comedy’s and the goodies its absolutely scarred me and destroyed me losing my dad I know he wouldn’t want me to be like this but I can’t help it it’s just how I feel I’m having counselling now again as I’ve recently been diagnosed with PTSD after losing my dad had my 2 nd councelling session today then when after all that’s finished I’m having my 3rd bereavement councelling I recently went down to see my dad’s grave a few weeks ago and tidy it up and talk to him there most days at night I get upset and say I just wish heaven had a telephone so I could just be able to talk to my dad

2 Likes

Hi @David8 ,

I’m sure someone will be along to share their thoughts, but I just wanted to say thank you for so bravely sharing this with us. Keep reaching out.

Alex

I could really have done with having advice from my parents today (dad died 3 years ago & mum 6 weeks ago) had a difficult decision to make and had no one to turn to. Really miss them both. Had insomnia since mum died, I haven’t had any counselling yet, does it help? Sending a hug x

I think part of grief is the regret for the things you wish you’d done and also loss for the things you can’t do together. I lost my dad when I was 10, which is 50 years ago and I still go to his grave and have a conversation with him and tell him of my life and things that he missed. I so hope I’ve made him proud. My mum joined him when I was 21 so never got to see her grandchildren. Sorry, that turned into a ‘me’ reply. I feel your loss, look after yourself

3 Likes

Hi @Victoria22
I think counselling is helpful if you get the right person. Perhaps you know of someone who’s had it and could recommend someone.
I missed my mam so much yesterday when I went to the doctors, I so wanted her to come with me
Hope this helps :heart:
Take care

2 Likes

My line manager is going to refer me to our workplace wellbeing hub to see if they can help or refer me for counselling. Hope they can help x