David

I lost my husband Peter nearly 12 months ago, I’m still grieving the pain is relentless, we were together nearly 40 and I miss him more each day.

2 Likes

Hi David, I’m am sorry for your loss you had been together a long time. It’s 16 months for me since my husband died and I’ve found the second year harder than the first.
Thought I was doing okay but when the first anniversary hit it was just like going back to the early days after he had died.
In the end because I wasn’t coping well my GP had referred me for counseling, which is helping.
We had been married 44 years and together 46yrs, when you have spent a lifetime with your partner this new reality is really hard.
Sending love
Debbie X

1 Like

Debbie
It’s the hardest thing to cope with, I’ve had councilling, I went on Tuesday to see a bereavement councillor it helps but it won’t bring him back, David x

2 Likes

Hi to you all,

Reading posts like yours is always sad, and yet the way people reach out to one another to offer help is uplifting. Please keep writing on here and I hope you find the comfort you need too.

Loss is hard, my thoughts are with each one of you as you try and come to terms with the losing those closest to you.

Take care,

Miche24

Hi David, that’s the hard reality no matter what we do they aren’t coming back.
I went to a breavement support group yesterday evening, it was very emotional and draining experience and I was not sure at the beginning if was for me, but it got easier as the evening went on and I’m glad I stayed.
We just have to remember our loved ones will be with us in our hearts forever.
Debbie X

1 Like

I’m so sorry you’re so sad David, but I totally understand your pain, I truly do.
I was with my husband for 40 years and although now, after almost 17 months, I know that I appear to be coping to the outside world, but in quiet moments, like waking up just now, the pain of loss and realising that this is how my life will be forever is almost unbearable.
I’ll get up in a minute, see how my little cat is doing then get on with the day ahead.
Like you say, it most certainly is the hardest thing to cope with. There are so many of us like this, carrying grief around with us, like a weight on our shoulders. I never imagined anything could be so hard.
We didn’t have children but I have a wonderful brother and his family are so good with me and I’m blessed with close friends.
Although all we would love is a conversation, a hug, a walk, a day with our darling husbands isn’t it? Just one more day…
Janey x

2 Likes

Morning Jany
Yes we get up each day wondering how we will feel and usually it’s the same thing , grief and heartache, I am so unhappy I have had councilling which does help but it can’t bring back the person we loved, take care David x

2 Likes