David

On the 27th October this is so difficult as I’m putting this my dad wasn’t very well on that morning I went with him in the ambulance I was my dad’s carer as I was getting carers allowance and I lived with my mum and him I was caring for him for 15 months I finished my job in June 2021 after 13 years to look after him in July last year he had a stroke he did have 1 five years earlier but this 2nd 1 was a bigger 1 but I got ambulance quickly and he was in hospital for about 5 weeks he could talk still and eat just his mobility had gone worse in his legs and we got told he might not walk again so we had to have an hospital bed at home with a hoist a molift and carers in 4 times a day as well as my self looking after him but on the 27th October my dad wasn’t well that morning I didn’t know if it was another stroke so I rang 999 ambulance came and they rushed him to hospital I got upset crying Infront of the paramedic when we got there they were doin tests also a CT scan to check if it was another stroke but it wasn’t I stayed with my dad to 4pm that day then went home to check on my mum then later that night there was a missed call on my phone so I rang it back and it was the sister at the hospital she said is that David I said yes she said your dad has took a turn for the worst can u come I dropped phone panicking rang my sister told her I heard my mum praying my sister was the first there when me and my mum got there my sister had to break the news to us that dad had passed away it was horrible I’m still goin through all these emotions I’m waiting for bereavement councelling start in march as I’m not coping very well I miss my dad so much every day and night we were like twins me and my dad we liked the same things like films and things for 5 weeks I was on diazepan as I wasn’t sleeping plus a sleeping tablet as well to help me

3 Likes

Hello @David8,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad. Thank you so much for bravely sharing this with the community :blue_heart: Well done on reaching out for bereavement counselling - I really hope it is helpful for you. While you’re waiting, you might want to use our Grief Guide self-help platform. It has lots of resources to help you through your grief. Some of our members have found the journaling and memory box tools especially helpful.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Seaneen