Day centre

That sounds a great way to spend the weekend. I’ve got the telly but one of my neighbours usually drops in on Sunday when she takes my bins to the kerb for me. I’ll look forward to next weekend and my brother. He never stops talking so that is great. Xx

1 Like

I gather you lost. Sorry we never followed football. More into rugby. Although as a child my dad took me to watch the O’s and I lived round the corner from the old Highbury ground for arsenal. Sounds as you are creating a new social life which can only be good. Xx

1 Like

Yes 3-0 but Man City are exceptional we did well really. That’s something for you to look forward too next weekend :blush:

1 Like

I remember well going to Leyton orient. Not many people went. Used to go and pay into uncovered stands. The policeman used to turn his back and we would hop the wall into the covered area if it was raining. We would run up and down the front with the game. Not that big a following then. Bit different when I went to the arsenal. Crowding to go through schoolboys entrance. Also used to go to watch my brother play in Hackney marshes. Always took a large plastic sheet in case it rained. Stand in one end, put it over you and then stand in other. Mobile shelter.

1 Like

Oh what great memories and how much things have changed x