Dealing with emotions

I feel like I’m going backwards with my grief. I thought I was doing well. I take each day and deal with that day but just lately I feel like it’s all fresh again. Lots of crying. It’s like I don’t know what to do .

6 Likes

Hi. I dont know how long you’ve been grieving. I’ve been 5 1/2 weeks and its certainly not getting any easier.
I too cry a lot and really don’t know how I’m going to cope or what I shall do after the funeral.
I do find communicating with others ischelping, we’re all in the same boat so we all understand.
Please keep reaching out, it does help
Sending hugs

Welcome and know that however you feel, you are amazing. You are getting up each day, breathing and putting one foot in front of the other. Breathe deep.
I lost my father 7 weeks ago and, like you, am finding my new world a very strange place. Everything changes all the time, and i have no map to find the way.
You are amazing for coming here and reaching out.

I can’t believe it’s 11 weeks ago my mum died. I thought I was getting better but today I feel tearful and emotional but have to hold it together as I’m at work today. Sending a virtual hug xx

Its normal to feel what you are feeling although you might think there is some problem with yourself but its not trust me. My mom passed away on 21st oct and I remember last month was one of the most difficult month, when I cried for hours and then slept and woke up and cried for hours. I now try to talk it out and trust me this community understand every emotion and feeling you are experiencing. Just be kinder to yourself and reach out or want to write long paragraphs about your memories about the last few days or anything please do, it will help you so much so that thought is written somewhere and out of your mind for sometime.

1 Like

Hi, it seems we’re all on the same horredous journey. We’ve all got to learn to not be hard on ourselves and just go with our feelings. We are not alone we have each other here in this community and that really helps.
In the darkest loneliest hours in the middle of the night when sleep won’t come it helps to write down your feelongs, it doesn’t matter if it doesnt make sense, it will to you. I wrote a letter to my husband last night. I just wish he could read it, but it did help a bit, just getting my feelings down.
Big hugs to everyone, just remember were all in the same boat and were all here for each other

1 Like

5 months but only seems like yesterday

1 Like