Dealing with loosing father

My 86 year old father passed away on 02/11/2022, (on my birthday). I’m busy organising the funeral, probate and house and feel I don’t have time or head space to process his death. How do I prepare myself for when it finally hits me - any tips please.

1 Like

Hello @Felinegroovy, I’m sorry for the loss of your father. I think many of our members will identify with what you’re feeling right now. I hope you find the community to be a support to you through this time and in your grief journey.

You’ve asked how to prepare yourself for when it hits you. While everyone is different, you might find our Grief Guide helpful in understanding your experiences and what other people have gone through. Our Supporting yourself through grief pages might also be helpful right now.

I hope these resources can be of some guidance and comfort that you’re not alone. Please do continue to reach out for support,

Seaneen

Hi, Sorry to hear of your loss I lost my Dad end of Aug to Lung cancer, I watched him suffer for 3 days before he finally stopped breathing, it was so traumatic, I started a new job 3 days later & tried to keep busy to stop myself from being so sad, its just catching up with me now.
I don’t think you can prepare yourself for it, it just happens, I hope you have some support around you

1 Like

You have to give yourself time to grieve and I am really sorry about your loss. Take time for yourself and let yourself process it all - it’s a lot to think through and feel but you must do it.

Take care x