Death of my Grandaughter

Thank you so much for letting me in this chat.
My name is Diane i have lost my Grandaughter after child birth .

1 Like

Hello @Diane7,

I can see that you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your granddaughter that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I also wanted to share some resources that might help you right now.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

• Sands - Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society support anyone who has lost baby.
    You can visit their website at https://www.sands.org.uk

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help you cope with grief.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Seaneen

Hi diane
Cant imagine what your going through im so sorry for your loss. You must of been so looking forward to being a grandma. Im going throught stages of grief myself after losing my mum 4 weeks ago and i have been messaging on here for a few days now. There are many people all with different experiences to tell of pain and grieving someone close. I have read other messages from parents who have lost children so hopefully you will connect with someone soon. I just had to message you my lovely to say be strong and to send you a big hug❤️

Hi Diane. I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my grandson in August at 9 weeks and have no idea how to cope with the grief both for my grandson and for my son.