Death of my grandson

I lost my beautiful, happy 14 year old grandson to sudden sepsis 4 weeks ago today. I was so close to him and I am struggling with the grief and heartache and miss him so much. I am trying to support my daughter and son in law and his two younger brothers in their grief but am struggling so much. I’m finding I’m trying to keep my grief in when I am with them. :cry::broken_heart:

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the loss of your grandson, @Fabali123, that is devastating.

I can hear that you’re trying to be there for your daughter. Your grief is important, too, and you deserve care and support. If you think it could be helpful to have a space for you, we offer free online bereavement counselling. It’s held via video chat. You can apply for it once you are 8 weeks past your loss. You can find out more here:

You may also wish to look at the Child Bereavement UK, which has a support page for when a grandchild has died. They also have a live chat, and a helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

Take care and keep reaching out,
Seaneen

Fabali oh that’s awful. I’m so sorry. I have a grandson too and would be devastated if anything happened to him. How hard it must be for all the family. Coping with your own grief whilst doing all you can to help them.
Maybe you should let your grief out so that his siblings know it’s ok for them to cry too. Perhaps everyone is trying to be brave for each other,.
I’m so very very sorry for you all