Death of my husband

I lost my husband of 32 years nearly 5 months ago. He was only 58 , he had a heart attack and died in hospital 9 days later. He never really regained full consciousness. I miss him so much, I used to jokingly say to him not too die as that would leave me on my own.
I wish I could just have one more conversation with him. It’s the sudden cut off that I am finding difficult.
I have two brilliant grown up children who have been great support - but I just want to talk to my best friend.

O gosh do I know exactly what you mean . I am left with 2 teenage sons but still dream of having just a short time with my best friend and wife . To hold and to hug her , to sit in the dales or lakes and feel the wind blowing . It is so sad . I lost my wife 14 months ago and in between feelings of positiveness I still have very sad and dark moments . It’s so hard and know exactly what you are saying .

Hi so sorry for your loss I lost my partner suddenly in May to a heart attack he was only 48 I have 2 sons aged 17 and 24 and I was so traumatised when it happened I miss him so much .
Take care
Christine x

Thank you so much for your reply, it has been the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me. It has helped so much hearing from people who have gone through the same thing.
I hope you have plenty of support, my two children who are 29 and 26 have been amazing.
It’s like riding waves of emotion , just want a little stability.
Take care of yourself x

Thanks Jem
It hit me particularly hard yesterday.
It does help hearing from people who are going through similar situation.
Hope you your boys are coping? My children have been such an amazing support.
X

Children can be very resilient kimtbrooks I know and you have to keep hold of each and move forward together. We have agreed that when one is having a dark day then the others will help them through. I think it does help that all 3 of us agree and acknowledge that we will have these days me included as their dad but it’s ok and normal but it is comforting to know that we are all here to help each other through such an horrible loss. Bottom line is despite all the support and people meaning well this is such an awful and sad journey for us but we have to keep going in memory of our loved one. They wouldn’t want us been sad I know so we have to keep shrugging ourselves down and keep moving forward for them . Easier said than done I know but that’s the only way. I wish you all much strength and do keep going xx