Death off my brother

My brother died 28 weeks ago he was young it was sudden just before the had my little girl polly
Ever since he’s died bad things are non stop

There been other loss no by death but by other means
Each morning just feel terrible pain live goes on but for me and my family stays still I do wish so much the last moments cud change because that would off changed everything
Knock on effect after to each off us

It honestly feels soul destroying
Something I can’t fix for anybody

My mum said grieve was love with no place to go

Good morning, Colleen,
I am so sorry that your brother has passed away. I am glad that you have found this forum, where nobody wants to be.
My beloved younger brother died 4 years ago and I miss him terribly, he was 68 years old, we were very close, we loved each other very much. I do understand how you are feeling, it is like having your heart cracked in 2. Little did I know that worse was to come, my best friend of nearly 72 years, died 6 months after my brother, my worst one was when my husband passed away in August 2019.
There is nothing I can say to you, other than please stick with this forum, it contains a wonderful group of people, who are so compassionate and understanding, being able to talk about my 3 losses has helped me such a lot. Eventually you will get the same comfort and compassion
Blessings,
MaryL x

2 Likes

Hello Colleen. I’m truly sorry for your loss. Like Mary, I understand the loss of a brother and the feelings that come with it. I lost my brother in January 2017 and I was surprised just how it affected me. He died a horrible death from pancreatic cancer. However, just 5 months later I lost my wonderful husband suddenly. This loss has completely overshadowed the loss of my brother but nonetheless I miss him terribly. Sometimes I forget that he’s no longer here. I am one of eight siblings and he was the first of us to go. He was 64. I can only describe it as a piece missing from a jigsaw. It’s a strange feeling that one of us is missing. When asked I still say I have six brothers and one sister. I will always have six brothers and one sister. I’m telling you about my loss so you can know that I really do understand.
It sounds like your brother was very loved Colleen and it’s right you should grieve him. Your loss will be different from your mum’s loss but she’s right about grief. We can only grieve if we’ve loved. Hold your brother tight in your memories, talk about him.
Sending you love and strength xx

4 Likes

Hi Colleen. So sorry for the loss of your brother. I lost my beloved sister coming up on 2 years. Losing a sibling is “losing a part of ourselves.” They were our past, our present, and we thought they’d be our future. You describe it so well by saying it is “soul destroying,” Having lost both our parents, we were each other’s rocks in this world. I never had a closer relationship, and never will again. Your loss is so fresh and you will be experiencing so many different emotions. This forum helped me in my darkest hours (and continues to) and I am glad you found us. I might add, there is also a specific section on this forum for “Sibling Loss .” Where ever you post, you will find kindness and understanding from the special people here. Be gentle with yourself and know you are not alone. Xxx Sister2

2 Likes

Dear Kate,
Thank you for this lovely message. x x x

2 Likes

You’re welcome Mary. My husband and my brother who passed, were the same age, all but 5 days. It doesn’t seem fair to take not one, but two members of the same family, within a matter of months.
I hope you’re feeling better Mary. Much love xx

1 Like

Thank you, dear Kate,
Love,
Mary x x x

1 Like

Thankyou all off you
It’s hard too think off him dead sometimes just tell myself he’s still about just busy or something at home distracts me then suddenly it’s there again and it’s real again
Never did I ever Think this was going happen
The shock seems to go on forever xxx

2 Likes

The shock does go on forever, Colleen :cry:

So sorry Colleen and everyone, Losing a sibling takes a part of ourselves with them. Today I face the 2nd year without my precious sister. Lock down makes it impossible to get out and join others to memorialize her. Mary is right, this shock goes on forever. My heart goes out to all of you. Xxx

1 Like