Dementia

My nan and grandad both have dementia it is very hard on me because they both now have to leave their home behind and go in to a nursing home im finding it tough because I used to always go to that house to get away from my father. My nan got the dementia and my grandad followed but grandad got his from having a stroke. Plus I’m autistic and I am finding it hard to understand they have to leave their house behind because it’s best for them. Also I live in Kent and they are in London so it’s harder because im not near them I just don’t know what to do because im just grieving so much it’s making me ill :pensive:

This is my nan and grandad

1 Like

Hi @Emma1991x,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

Hello Emma
I just wanted to reply to you, so you dont feel alone. My husband had to eventually go into a home. I felt so bad. But looking back now I knew Icouldnt manage him at home. His care home did Face time as the residents had family all over the world. It was just a thought for you. Take care Brannybob.