denial

My husband died six months ago. He was suffering with dementia but I was coping well with him at home.We actually had a really good summer with lock down no outside pressure,Since he died everyone thinks I am coping well throwing myself into house projects even knocking down walls.What they don;t realise is I cannot allow my self to grieve I presume this is denial. I cant look at his picture and sometimes people say how are you coping without Richard my brain says oh Richard who.
I feel so guilty all the time . I have had moments of breakdown but think I need to accept it to be able to move on

Hi Shirley, I can totally understand where you are coming from, I was the same after my husband died, the only way for me was to keep very busy, so I didn’t have time to think, unless you have been through it yourself, you have no idea how it feels or how it is going to affect you, people assume that by now you should have got over it, so no longer ask how you are doing, just assume that you are ok, 6 months is such a short time, as you know, take a day at a time, it will get easier, and you will start remembering the good times without feeling guilty, as you have nothing to feel guilty about, take care, love Jude xx