Depressed & alone

Feeling so depressed and alone, it’s been exactly 9 weeks since mum died. I don’t know how to pull myself out of this. Hope everyone else is feeling better than me xx

3 Likes

My mum died in September last year. I’m not doing much better but wanted to say you’re not alone. It’s awful :disappointed:. Just keep going xx

2 Likes

Lost my mum August 21st, I don’t know what the answers are ? You do your best every day to get things done. You take a break and chill a bit, then memories pop into your head and the next thing you feel the tears come and feeling overwhelmed with the loss.

I wished I had the answers, but sadly I don’t !

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
Sorry to hear your struggling so much with bereavement today.
@Keith68 I know what you mean, it’s like, this morning I was ok, then suddenly I’m in a flood of tears, I feel so alone, my mom died 3 years this April, my dad is making my life a living hell, I miss my mom, I miss her hugs, she used to look after me, she would of kept me safe, :sob::broken_heart:, I just feel so broken, I feel so lost. I’ve been trying all my normal distraction techniques, but today it’s just not working. I normally put TV on, watch gameshows, or poirot, or judge Judy, tried reading, my boyfriend & I usually have our own imaginary island :desert_island: it’s sunny, & has rainbow waterfalls, pandas, rabbits, & we have a pet unicorn her name is “candy stripe” :unicorn: she’s purple with a white & red striped main & tail, we call it “Hazelnut island”, sometimes I try word games, one of them is"word snake", you write a word, then you have to attach words to the first & last letters at 90° angles, so the word you add to it has to begin or end with that letter, I also sometimes play the alphabet game, you just choose a category, eg- animals, colours, singers, places, whatever, & just go through the alphabet naming things in that category. Sending hugs of support to you all.

3 Likes

Just self referred myself for NHS Talking Therapies, not sure if it will help. I hear there’s a long wait to hear from them.

Lost my mum 9 weeks ago too. I feel the most alone that I’ve ever felt. I’m sorry you are experiencing a similar thing.

3 Likes

Hi,
I’ve used talking therapies in the past & can totally recommend them, though like most places at the moment, long waiting lists, even cruse bereavement, when I called the cruise for my area, they they said they wouldn’t even put me on the waiting list because the list was that long. Looking for counselling I feel I’m just getting fobbed off no-matter where I look, so when I’m really struggling I call Samaritans, it means I can talk to someone as soon as someone is available, & can call as often as I need, plus it’s free, & no ‘X’ month waiting list just to get to speak to someone, in some ways it’s just easier.

1 Like

Lost my mum Oct 21st, it was a sudden cardiac arrest and I still keep blaming myself for a lot of things. wish I had answers, sometimes nothing works even tried therapy, still I find answers that I am never gonna get. You need to keep moving and think what would your mom like, will she like seeing you depressed and sad?

Stay strong

2 Likes

Same here i lost my mum nearly 6 months ago. I miss her so much.

1 Like

Did Cruise offer you and group activity in your area ?

I’ve contacted Cruse too. I’ve booked onto their understanding your bereavement online group support via Zoom. Spoke to a nice lady from Cruse today who took my details. Anything else has a long waiting list. xx

1 Like

Hey Victoria
My Mother died in May of 2022 and I’m feeling depressed and anxious and alone too like no one really loves me or understands. I wish i had a family of my own or a group of people like me to walk with every day. I pray for you too

1 Like

I am getting counselling from bereavement drop in centre. Cruse waiting list was too long. It’s nice to talk although it doesn’t resolve that my days are often very anxious in mornings and no job and zero desire to face employers. I want purpose again. Friends who understand who are like me, in my shoes. Am considering a pilgrimage

1 Like