Depressed by negative work feedback

Hello everyone,

Sorry to be back on the forum with yet another moan. I am trying to stay positive but nothing seems to be going right. Health is not that great and in the last hour I got some not so great work-related feedback.

I am already worn out, short of money and working my socks off and then this happens right at the end of the day!

Apparently the work I am doing for this relatively new client is not good enough. I have only been working for them for a couple of months and their style guidelines are very complex, yet I am supposed to know them by heart. A fellow worker even admitted to me that they are still making mistakes and they have been working for said client for years. I feel like I am not good enough.

My other clients are happy with my work, so this was a bit of a shock to the system, to say the least.

The thing is, since Andrew died, work is all I’ve got. So if that goes array, what do I have?

I feel rather dejected right now.

Sorry, I do not want to lay this by you, but I have no-one else. :pensive:

Love and best wishes,

Sonia

1 Like

Hi @SSTC22 ,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

@SSTC22 I’m sorry you are having to go through this. I’m not sure of what sort of work you do or your age but take it from someone who is 77 and worked in various organisations throughout my life wherever you work and what ever you do there will always be one (excuse the expression) arsehole who will never be satisfied. Don’t let it get to you, just look at all the satisfied clients and ignore this individual. You are obviously feeling stressed and anxious, you have just been through a traumatic experience. Stay strong and stay positive, you will get through this.

2 Likes

in all these storms, we just can only ride them out. do your best, and that is all you can do. the rest is out of your hands. sorry for your loss. :heart:

1 Like