Depression

Hi I’m really struggling with my depression after losing my nana last November

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your nana and are struggling with depression. I see from your profile that you’ve been through a lot in your life and it’s understandable that grief may be especially hard to deal with on top of pre-existing mental health issues.

I’m glad that you’ve found this site and I hope that it helps a little to be able to share things here. All of our users are bereaved and will understand some of what you are going through.

Have you been getting any other sort of support with your mental health or the impact of your rape? Mind has information on getting help with depression, which might be a good starting point: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/depression/treatments/. You can also ask your GP to refer you to support in your area.

You may also find it helpful to contact your nearest Rape Crisis Centre.

Sue Ryder also offers free online bereavement counselling - you can sign up and book an assessment to see if the service is suitable for you - find out more here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

I won’t let anyone help me I’m to scared to ask for help but I was very close to my nana I’m heartbroken that she has gone I watched her die I was holding her I can’t sleep I have nightmares

Dear Mel, please don’t be scared to seek help. There are some very kind and caring people on this forum so if you’re comfortable to do so, please join in with conversations or just read others’ posts. I am so sorry for your loss of your nanna. She was obviously a very special lady. You’re special too and you deserve help and understanding. I am so very sorry for all you’ve suffered. Sending you love and hugs. xx

1 Like

I can’t cope anymore I’m really struggling and I don’t have anyone to support me I miss my nana so much I’m lost without her I can’t sleep at night I can’t eat I’m really drained and exhausted thank you for the hug I so need one right now angry Andy doesn’t help he’s so mean to me my dr says he’s not real but he is real I see him I talk to him angry Andy says not to trust the dr she just wants to drug and hurt us

Dear @Melpaz83, I am sorry that life is so difficult for you and that Andy has been telling you not to trust your GP. You mention in your profile that you suffer from schizophrenia, therefore, presumably you have been seen by a psychiatrist in the past and must still be in contact with someone from your Community Mental Health Team. Have you been taking your medication? Have they been checking that you’re taking your medication? If you’re feeling very unwell and Andy is really bothering you, then maybe you should contact your Crisis Team. Every NHS Trust has a Crisis Team that are available 24 hours a day, every day, to help people with mental health problems, you will have to google their number if you do not already have it. Hugggsss.

I can’t angry Andy won’t let me see anyone or ask for help I havnt seen anyone in months now he says if I do he will hurt me so I csnt im not allowed to take my meds he says they want to drug us he will get angry if I do I have to listen coz he gets so angry he scares me

Hello @Melpaz83, what you’re experiencing sounds really scary and I would like to echo @Abdullah’s advice to get in touch with your Crisis Team. If you don’t feel able to do this yourself, do you have a friend or perhaps a trusted neighbour that could help?

Would you feel able to reach out to a support line? Perhaps the Samaritans (116 123), who are open 24/7, or Mind’s infoline (0300 123 3393).

There is also an organisation called the Hearing Voices Network, who may be able to suggest where you could find further support: http://www.hearing-voices.org/

Take care of yourself.

I can’t contact anyone he will get angry with me I just wish my nana was here why did she have to die so quickly I can’t cope without her I’m hurting so badly