Depression

I’m bereaved as of 7 months. The pain of this is overwhelming and has also triggered an episode of severe depression.
I’m told that it does get easier, but I don’t feel that right now.
Any suggestions?
Thanks. X

1 Like

Hello lyndal.

I am sorry to hear of your bereavement, but I am really pleased you have reached out on here.

I am confident our members will respond to you with their own coping strategies, or words of comfort and support.

Please know we are here for you, Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Another good place to get support is Cruse Bereavement, they offer a helpline, email support, and counselling and support groups through their local services: 0808 808 1677, helpline@cruse.org.uk, http://www.cruse.org.uk/bereavement-services.

Take care,
Audrey.
Online Community Team

Hi Lyndal. So sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. Seven months is a difficult time as the original shock has worn off and the reality is now sinking in. (I am also at nearly 7 months) Christmas and New Year hasn’t helped our mood either. You say you are overwhelmed and that is where the problem lies. We try to think too far ahead or too far into the past which is confusing for us and our brains tend to work overtime. There is no magic solution other than take each day as it comes and just get through it. The Covid lockdowns have also sent lots of us into depression this year as fear of the unknown has been an added burden. Keep posting and moving forward. We are all here for you. Much love, X

2 Likes