Desperate lonliness

I thought I was coping okay to a certain degree, but with Christmas coming and everyone talking about their plans it has made me feel even lonelier and made me realise I have nobody now my husband has gone we only had each other. I really don’t want to be in this life, but haven’t got the courage to do anything about it, so will struggle on and if I survive then so be it rant over now. Wishing you all have a good Christmas

9 Likes

My heart goes out to you. I lost my husband 18 months ago and it feels like yesterday. I still feel so lost. We have to try and carve a life out inch by inch but it’s so difficult when our soulmate has gone. I wake up every day with that realisation that he has gone. I feel so sad every day and it never leaves me. Sending you a hug x

5 Likes

I lost my husband in January this year and thought I was making a little bit of headway.The neighbours had just put on their Christmas lights and I just collapsed on the floor sobbing.
It’s an agonising time and I feel as though I will never feel loved and secure again,we were together for thirty nine years but it’s almost a year since I lost him so we were together for forty years.

7 Likes

Hi, i’m exactly the same. It’s hard trying to move forward without your soulmate beside you. Together fifty years. We as a couple were very sociable but on my own I now struggle in social situations. My children say to try and do things but I don’t want to on my own. It’s just coming up to ten months since my husband died and I still find it hard to believe it has happened. I hope in time I can become a person that can find some sort of life whatever that may be. Who knows?x

4 Likes

I don’t feel as though it’s real,I feel as though I’m frozen in time and the clock has stopped ticking.x

6 Likes

Thank you, I hope life gets better as I can’t carry on like this

1 Like

On the 12th will be eight months since I lost half of me. I got isolated at home being his carer and now I have no friends si am all alone. Get this holiday out the way and if I survive it, I’ll try to sort something out to form a life for myself. If only​:pray::pray::pray:.

6 Likes

We were together 45 years and I miss him sooooo much, I just can’t seem to sort out my life without him, I have no friends as for years I was a stay at home carer so got isolated, so I am so depressed and lonely

6 Likes

Bless you it’s tough . I cared for my partner and you put your life and needs on hold to make sure they are Ok and when they have died it’s hard to pick up the pieces of your life. I looked for breavement support groups in my area and took the big step to go to one of their coffee afternoons ,they were friendly and welcoming and it was good to be with people who knew how you felt as they were either widows or widowers too. Fingers crossed there might be one in your area or perhaps someone on here that lives a short distamce away that you could meet up.for coffee and a chat. I live on Anglesey.so wss really suprised to find a support group here. Take care xx

1 Like

You have us to keep you going we lean on each other mick

3 Likes

Thank you, I thought I was making headway until all the Christmas hype started and it made me realise he has gone and I won’t ever see him again and how aline and lonely I feel

4 Likes

I lost my husband of 37 years on 2.6.22 and I feel the same as you. I am doing the same, trying to get busy and do things to pass the time, but that is exactly what I am doing, passing time, no longer living. I am told this will pass and I hope that life will become worthwhile again and I have to believe that. I keep telling my self that it will be better in the summer. The winter nights are so long. So I am just ignoring the high bills and keeping my self warm and comfortable until I feel more able to move forward and I encourage you to do the same. Christmas is the most difficult time. My children are 31 and 33 and one of them lives abroad and the other more than 200 miles away. The truth is, even if they were here, I would still feel that same and they lost their Dad which is their sadness. The first couple of years are about adjustment, so I am told and so I am moving forward, unwillingly without him. It’s tough, and I know how you feel. I hope you can remember the happy times and enjoy them for the golden memories that they are. xxx

3 Likes

Hello Loobyloo2, sorry for your loss. - I lost my brother in February 2022 and did not want to go anywhere until a neighbour dragged me to our local bereavement group. We only meet once a months but it helps a lot. The first meeting was not great for me because I did not know what to expect, but the second time was much better. I also joined a group who want to brush up their German. I am German and I thought I might be useful. - Your children are right, you can do it. - If it does not work the first time, try again. - If I can do it, you can do it too.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay in replying, i have been ill since christmas with chest infections and the eorst barking cough nothing would relieve the symptoms, x ray and blood test showed i had blood clots on my lung and i am now only just back functioning , but still get tierd quickly. Hope you are okay and looking forward to another bank holiday :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like