Devastated

I never realised how much the death of my beloved husband would hurt. I find it hard to do anything and although I have the support and love of my wonderful family, I hurt beyond words.
Tony was the best husband ever, caring, generous, loving and so strong. He was always warm, in fact our children used to put their hands under his armpits to warm up. He always smelt wonderful, clean and fresh. When I was with him in hospital just before he passed away, I held his hand and it was such a shock that it was so cold even though he was still alive. He had never had cold hands.
Now I find it so hard to be without him. I cry all the time and I would give everything I have for more time with him. Please tell me how to cope - I am desperate.
Thank you.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss
I lost my Fiancé in May and I’m struggling so much, I also need to know how we get through this, I’m heartbroken

1 Like

I am same but you dont cope you cant, You can only adjust, Our lifes have been ripped to pieces, Sending you love and strenght :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Snap I feel all of that, nothing will mke this better but hopefully we can deal with it openly away from family and friends. srnding you love and strenght :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Dear Liana
I am so sorry that you have lost your fiance. I can understand how heartbroken you are and I know now that you don’t have to be together for over 50 years as we were to be devastated by the loss of your loved one. I wish I could tell you how to get over it but I am new to this myself, having been widowed (horrible word) exactly one month ago and, like you, not knowing how to get through it. I guess that we have to live day by day and not give up. That is what I am going to do and hope that it works. The alternative doesn’t bear thinking about. I wish you all the best for the future, and yes - there will be a future and for the sake of our loved ones. we have to make it the best future we can. Love and hugs xx

2 Likes

To you all, and especially those new arrivals, bless you and welcome. This is the best place you could possibly be. Everyone here knows and understands, you are among friends. ‘Getting over it’. No that’s not possible, but you can come ‘through it’ by facing and accepting it has happened. I often ask myself if my loved one would want me to be miserable and the answer is an emphatic no. She always wanted me to be happy and I her. So after 20 moths I still have my moments, but I keep my eye on that bright but distant light of hope. We can only do our best, and that best will vary so much from person to person. It’s all such a short time for you all and all I can say at the moment is give it time, patience (very difficult) and acceptance. Life does go on and we will always have memories hit us hard at times. We should try and be prepared for that and let them come with acceptance and love in our hearts. Words are totally inadequate in such times and advice is so often just meaningless words. We all do this grief thing in our own way and our own time. Everyone is different. so no rules or methods apply.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to yourselves. John.

3 Likes

Thank you so much its been honest and I always say theres no right/wrongs, We will never stop hurting but we need to adjust and not go down a bad route :revolving_hearts:

To you all. I can’t give anyone advice on how to cope 4 months of my husband passing it is a struggle every day but somehow get through the day’s because of my children and granddaughter. My heart breaks for everyone on here so sorry for your loses x Keep chatting on here I do xx

1 Like