Devastated

Hi Everyone :wave::slight_smile:
Another weekend over for us all, thank God,I really do dread the weekends as I know you all do too,

I have some fantastic news to share with you all,I was woken up at 4am this morning Monday 20th June 2022

I am on my way to hospital at 1pm today it’s all been confirmed,I’m chuffed to bits,

25 days in hospital,I’m rearing to go.

My heart bypass surgery is booked for Tuesday 21st June 2022 don’t know what time yet,but I will keep you all updated :crossed_fingers::pray:

A bit nervous about it,but I need it to make Lucy proud of me and for myself to honour my beautiful Lucy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: who I believe saved my life after 2 heart attacks both at home Thursday 26th May 2022
And the paramedics, who I am truly grateful to John And Matt God Bless You Both :blush::handshake:

If anyone is in the area and would like to visit me after a couple of days in ICU from here,I would love to meet you,even if for a short time,I don’t have anyone and I’d appreciate it.

Always thinking about you all, and sending much love and hugs to you all

Take care Stay safe,One step/day at a time,We Are here for everyone, don’t be affraid to reach out and ask for help

God Bless
Love Martin xx xx

18 Likes

So pleased for you Martin, at long last your in reach of getting back home again. Lucy really has been watching over you the last few weeks.
You will be in my prayers :pray: the next few days as always.
Debbie X

2 Likes

Hi Martin
So pleased for you and think of this as a second chance that Lucy made possible for you. She wanted you to live on and you will be just fine.
When you are home again do look after yourself, eat the correct sort of food and get some exercise and please don’t dread the weekends. I always arrange for something to do. A walk in the countryside or a trip out with my dogs on the bus. (I do have a car).
I am too far away to visit but my thoughts and prayers are with you.
God bless
Pat

2 Likes

Hi Martin
Just look at all those little pink hearts below your message! We are all thinking of you. You aren’t alone. Don’t want to sound like an old nag but Pat is right, when you get back home take care of yourself. Be kind to yourself. Best wishes xxx

2 Likes

Martin I am so pleased for you, that is great news. You have some of the top surgeons there In Derriford, I would be happy to meet up In a couple of days.
Good luck to you and sending love.
Joe

3 Likes

Hi Martin, I haven’t been on here for a while, as when I read the posts, I get upset.

It’s 8 months since I lost my husband Martin and tomorrow would have been our 47th wedding anniversary, so when I saw your name and the date of your surgery, I felt I had to wish you well. I’m not having a good day, as I’m dwelling on my first anniversary without Mart, normally we went away for our anniversary, I’ll be glad when the day has passed.

I’m not too far away from you, near Newton Abbot but haven’t been to Plymouth in 40 years.

I sincerely hope everything goes well and will be thinking of you.
All my best Budge :hugs:

2 Likes

@Devonguy1966 dear Martin I’m glad you finally have a date for your operation. I will be thinking of you and wish you all the best. I wish you a speedy recovery so you can get home where you are surrounded by Lucy your guardian angel and the love you share. Take care love and hugs xxx

2 Likes

Thinking of you today Martin.
Not long to go now until you are home, although Lucy will be with you wherever you are.
I’m too far away to visit but, like us all, I’ll be with you in thought.
Sending you lots of love and big hugs for a speedy recovery
Janey xx

2 Likes

Hi Martin,

Just to let you know I’m thinking of you today. Lucy will be with you all the way. The way you’ve taken this as an opportunity to live again (as best as you can) has been so inspirational and I believe like you that Lucy was looking out for you.

Let us know how you are when you feel up to it. Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. You’ll be home again soon enough.

Love Nic xxx

3 Likes

I am really pleased that things are happening and if I was near I would visit, sorry West Yorkshire is to far. Sleep well and as they say go with the flow. Sending hugs and blessings. S xxx

3 Likes

Hi Martin, how are you, I hope the operation went well and your are on the road to recovery. You and Lucy are in my thoughts and prayers as always, and we hope to hear from you soon
Sending love :heart::pray:
Debbie X X

3 Likes

Hi Martin - hope you are on the road to recovery. Sending you all best wishes and hope you are able to go home before long. Been thinking of you and so have others. Hugs xxx

3 Likes

Hi Martin

Hope all goes well.

I am sure you will be well looked after.

Just a gentle word of advice, be prepared to take things very slowly for some time and don’t get disheartened if you easily feel exhausted afterwards, it’s all part of allowing your body time to rest so that in the longer term you will benefit.

God bless and very best wishes.

Beth

1 Like

The very best of luck w yr op and recuperation.