Did you bury loved one with wedding ring?

Richard didn’t wear jewellery but I have the dilemma about what to do with my ring when I die.
I have never taken it off since the day he put it on my finger 30 years ago. The dilemma is that it was my grandmother’s wedding ring (she was born in 1888) passed down to me. Part of me would love it to continue down the family but another part of me doesn’t want to ever take it off.

I’m hoping the answer will present itself somehow.

6 Likes

Ive got my husband wedding ring on a chain i never take it off its something i will treasure for the rest of ny days

3 Likes

I put my husband’s wedding ring and a few other things in his urn. I think it is quite common to put favourite things (rings, necklaces, etc) in a coffin or urn. Sending love and hugs.

4 Likes

no. our rings were family heirlooms and we always thought to pass them on. she does have her eternity ring though

4 Likes

I wear my husband wedding ring and have my wedding ring and engagement ring on a chain. I hadn’t wore them for a while as put on weight since our wedding day. Every piece of jewellery I have was brought by my husband over the years. Last night I thought I had lost my ring which my husband brought for my birthday. I wear it on the same finger as my husband wedding ring. I went out last night and noticed that my ring had gone. I started crying and people help me search for it on the gravel carpark. I was in a right state. 10 minutes later I found it on my other hand on another finger. Felt so stupid.

6 Likes

No i wear my husbands wedding ring on my middle finger xx

3 Likes

I’ve done the same, just before my husband Rick went in for emergency open heart surgery they said do you want to take your wedding ring off in case your fingers swell and I put it on with mine even though if was far too big. It’s been 4 months now since he passed away having only survived 36 hours after the surgery,and I’ve left it to in be resized so I can wear it beside mine and I want be buried with both xx

6 Likes

I still wear my wedding ring ? Well actually my eternity ring because my wedding ring doesnt fit anymore - hasnt for years tbh xx

4 Likes

I wear her ring on my wedding finger and wear mine on a chain around my neck. We had two wedding rings each as decided after two months that the first ones werent practical for everyday life. (Both women so luckily same ring size). Every night and every morning i kiss the wedding rings. I wrote her a poem for her coffin. Never written a poem before in my life, but seemed right at the time. Xx

6 Likes