Did you bury loved one with wedding ring?

Just a random thought. My husband was buried with his. It’s the only jewellery he wore. I was just wondering how common it was. I would like to be buried with mine but all my other things can go between my kids. Obviously I’d have removed it if he was being cremated.

2 Likes

I have sues wedding and engagement rings on a chain, which i wear round my neck

4 Likes

My mam was buried with her engagement ring, her wedding ring and her mothers wedding ring that she always wore. Not a partner I know but I think it’s rather common to be buried with wedding rings.

2 Likes

@Kat1984

Bry had his on & I put my engagement ring him with him too , just felt like we were more joined by doing that in his new life xxx

4 Likes

@Kat1984

Bry was cremated but I still left it on him as he NEVER took it off and just felt right xxxx

5 Likes

I just googled it and on some forums people said they probably end up getting pinched before going into the ground. I hope not!

Just had a random weird thought. Whoever digs up all the bodies in years to come will find all of these treasures. I bet some odd stuff too. My nephew was buried with so much stuff, my sister thought they may drop his coffin. It was her way of grieving, making sure he had loads of stuff to go away with, she even put cheese in :rofl:

3 Likes

I get what you mean, it’s almost like a symbol isn’t it? They did ask me if I wanted it at the funeral directors and I said no. It seemed symbolic in death that we were still bound by the rings. If that makes sense?

2 Likes

@Kat1984

Cheese ? Lol mind you I put something in but ca t say in here . I know what you mean but Kim I have used a few times & everyone around me does, she’s lovely so I do trust her but if they did I would t know about it I guess :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: xxxx

2 Likes

@Kat1984

It does. I still have my wedding & eternity ring :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xxxx

3 Likes

Well my nephew was only 21 when he died, so in a way she packed all the things he loved in life with him. I think it was more for her than him. She still takes him up a Christmas dinner, she says she knows he won’t eat it, but still takes it to the grave and leaves it for the birds or wildlife.

4 Likes

I’d hope they wouldn’t pinch anything but you never know :disappointed: My mam had earings and necklaces on her too.

Cheese? That made me laugh :rofl:
I put something rather silly in with my partner but I won’t say what on here before I get my reading because the only people who know are me and his mam. Sometimes during readings I’ve seen items placed in with them mentioned so I’m keeping it to myself in the hope that it gets mentioned. It was a bit silly but he’d know why I did it :sob:

I hadn’t thought about what would happen to the jewellery if the graves were dug up. I guess the person doing thr digging is bound to pocket some of it. I wonder what happens to the bones when graveyards are eventually dug up? :thinking:

1 Like

@LostLil

Me too in with Bry , there was a few things from kids too that nobody would know so be interesting to see if it comes up when I have a reading xxx

3 Likes

I put the strange item in myself when we first went to see him in the Chapel of rest. I later wrote him a letter and bought a beautiful large single red rose that I had to leave on top of his coffin for them to put in later because by that point they advised a closed casket only. To be honest lots of people write letters and put roses in so I wouldn’t be very convinced if they were mentioned, I’d think it could easily be a lucky guess because it’s so common to do but if the strange item was mentioned then I’d be impressed :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes I put letters in off me and drawings that my kids had done. My sister put nuts in with my husband as he was ironically really into healthy eating, she works at the local shop and my husband would go in most days for nuts.

When it came to choosing his burial clothes I went for stuff he’d be comfortable in. He loved designer clothes but towards the end of his life he was always in primark hoodies as he said they were comfortable and he was always doing diy. He used to despise Primark, he would wait outside when I went in. That’s why it was funny that eventually he started wearing hoodies from there. So I buried him in one. He lived in this one pair of Hugo boss jeans I bought him, so they were a definite. Also his trainers had recently started hurting his heals so I put him in some Adidas gazelles instead.

Silly really when they are dead. But I just wanted him to be comfy.

I might start writing a list of what i want to go in. Probably pyjamas, I’d hate to be in something tight like jeans for eternity :rofl:

4 Likes

I kept my husbands. Had it resized for me to wear. And also got an inscription added inside , which lots of people do when they get married , but we didn’t.
I will wear it forever now, in-between my wedding and engagement rings.
Everyone is different and, the right thing is what is right for you.
So no judgements just love and hugs for the brave decisions made about what to do
:heart::heart::hugs::hugs:

5 Likes

Thanks. Have you thought about what you’ll do with yours when you pass? It’s also a nice idea to give them to children etc. Trouble is I have 5, so that would have caused me another headache x

2 Likes

@Kat1984
No haven’t thought about mine…maybe I should?!

By the way my Phil was creamated in his PJs. I initially considered his wedding suit , but ever since he was so ill , PJs were the clothes he was most comfortable in. So it was an obvious decision in the end.
And he looked so peaceful and comfortable when I saw him in his funeral home (which I did everyday until the day before his funeral).
Just like he was in a big sleep.
Bug hugs :hugs:

3 Likes

My gorgeous wife sue had a cross and chain that she never took off apart from xrays and sue insisted it was put straight back on .we left the cross and chain on sue when she was cremated. We didn’t feel it was right to remove it and a blanket with pictures of our dogs and a letter from me and steve one of sues sons

4 Likes

I have both our wedding rings on a chain,which I wear.

5 Likes

Exactly the same derek2

3 Likes