Direct cremation - memorial ideas

Hi,

My Dad passed away suddenly on Tuesday at his home in Greece. He will have a direct cremation there, and didn’t want a full funeral or anything. The cremation will be tomorrow morning, and I’m wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to mark his passing and feel a little bit closer to him in that moment? Candles don’t quite feel right for some reason. Thank you.

Hi @Em_85 Was there any particular thing your Dad liked to do or something you both shared that you could perhaps do at that moment to mark his passing? My Dad’s Birthday was a week after his death so we toasted him with a Costa coffee (his favourite)

1 Like

Why not try something like playing some of his favourite music or some that reminds you of him, be somewhere you’re comfortable being and think of him. Or if you have a photograph you could use it to say your goodbyes to.When my uncle had a direct cremation I went out to a local nature spot and walked, thinking of him, just a personal way of honouring the moment.

1 Like

Thank you both for your suggestions, I’d actually just spoken to my sister about listening to some of his favourite music, so we will both do that from afar.

1 Like

At my wife’s memorial “do”, I sang her favourite song, and everybody joined in. A memorable moment, which I’ll never forget!

1 Like