Disconnected

I really think you are doing well with so many things to deal with.

Thinking of you xx

1 Like

IV been away on my own and it doesn’t help your on your own at home and your on your own a away you need to go away with a group of like minded people and interests you are interested in a I like to go on Dance holidays you meet some lovely people and make lasting friendships sending love xx

1 Like

It is so empowering reading all your comments and realising its not just me. Im trying really trying but it feels like im not really involved. I tell the children (all married with families) that im fine but im not im breaking inside. Just want back what I had but know I never will. Its the sharing, telling someone who cares what youve been doing, cooking for one is awful.

6 Likes

JulieClaire I agree. It’s like the world is going on all around us and we are not part of it. Just looking in from the outside.
11 weeks for me today and really missing my old life. It’s very lonely and the future seems bleak. I have good friends and family but it’s no substitute. They are not who I want to be with and we were happy just the two of us. And you’re right cooking for one is soul destroying. I tell everyone I’m surviving, because that’s what they want to hear. They wouldn’t want the truth of loneliness, grief and despair.
Anyway apologies moan over. It’s just that Sunday feeling- the worst day of the week xx

8 Likes

Same here. This is the one place we can be honest. We all tend to put on a brave face to the outside world. Here you are not, or should not be judged.
Xx

6 Likes

Totally agree with all of the above comments.
Why are Sundays rubbish too?

4 Likes

I dont know about you, but we always kept Sundays as the day we made a point of doing something together. It could be just doing the garden together. But often we went out for a walk, played golf or went to a garden centre for a nose round - just something together. I miss that so much. I think thats why Sundays are rubbish.

6 Likes

I have a holiday coming up soon, Derbyshire for a week, I cancelled the cottage me and the wife had booked in Wales again for this year, this will be so hard for me too, as it will be a first on my own, I tried to go to a small restaurant the other day in Cromer where we went several times as it is near to us, just could not face doing it alone, so just walked and had chips…… just don’t know how to do these things on my own either x

5 Likes

Hi @Glyn,
So sorry h for yr loss and totally get it.
Tomorrow will be 6 months since my darling partner passed away. I intend to visit the park for the first time which we often frequented. It will be tough but sitting in our favourite spot will be a comfort and hoping he will be there with me.
All these firsts are so hard but yet at the same time, always good to have managed to do it.

1 Like

Its so hard to revisit places. But remember all the happy memories. I took my children back to the campsite in france where we went every easter, it was hard and i felt empty but i did it for the kids and to keep the memories alive. Now 7 years later I am so glad i did. It makes us stronger. I go out on my own and it can be sad but we have to keep living and filing our days. Keep smiling xx

2 Likes

Your timing is very close to mine so I get it, was six months last Thursday , had to have day off work to visit our special place too, so hard but had to sit with her

2 Likes

No its so hard isnt it especially going to restaurants ! I couldnt do that by myself either - even now 18 months on ! You dont have to do it you know. Just do what makes you comfortable !!! X

3 Likes

I find it so hard to revisit places - we always went to the same place for October and Easter holidays and loved the area so much we bought a holiday home there just before my husband got sick and passed.
I go back but find it so hard as we have so many good memories of the area but so much sadness with our house, as he never got to be there apart from being ill.
I don’t know if I should sell it or keep it - but not making any decisions now as I am hoping that time will help with my deciding what to do with my life going forward. ( am 52 ) I find the uncertainty so difficult to deal with. Xx

3 Likes

I find decisions are the hardest, but big decisions as you say there, about the house, you need to be in the right mind to do this, in my opinion, do not make these decisions without long thought into it, as you say memories are all we hold on to now, although they make us smile and cry all at the same memory, they are ours to keep xx

6 Likes

Oh decisions!
I’m terrible at making thrm
My husband used to get quite exasperated when I couldn’t make a decision.
“Come on you decide for a change, make a decision for once in your life” he’d say.

But honestly give me the choice of 2, and I’m stuck
My friends laugh at me in restaurants faced with a menu.
The one decision I am going to put off is whether to move or not. That is something that I will think long and hard about, later.

I’m thankful that I made the decision to marry Roger. That was easy

Big hugs to everyone x

8 Likes