Do not want to do anything

I lost my wife 2 years ago we loved to travel and go out for days and meals out . I told myself i would keep on doing this even it it meant doing on on my own then covid hit meaning life was put on hold . But as things are getting better i find myself making any excuse not to go anywhere or do anything the thought of going somewhere without Jane on my arm while watching other people walking hand in hand just get me so down after 2 years i feel i should be coping better but unless friends and family more or less drag me out i will sit at home day after day . Does anyone else feel this way and did the overcome it .

3 Likes

I am only 6 months in. It I do try to get out - usually with a friend. It’s hard without my husband with me, especially when there are couples everywhere but I did used to go out with my friends as well so I try and just treat it as I used to. The hard bit is going home knowing that he won’t be there.

2 Likes

Lost my Wife 2 years ago. My rock, soul mate, best friend etc. Try to move on… with alcohol, happy pills.
My Mum and our cat still here. When they go time for me. Women are emotionally stronger than men ,my wife definitely was.

1 Like

Hi Dave 3. I lost my husband 17months ago now and I still find it hard to go out I have to take my dogs out and pick my granddaughter up from school but when it comes to going out for meals etc I just don’t want to go. Went to a family get-together a month ago and felt so lonely and like a spare part without peter. I don’t really see me feeling any different no matter how much time goes by.

2 Likes

Yes Dave you are not alone… I lost my husband and soul mate nearly 3 years ago and i also feel it is a real struggle to be in mixed company without him so i make up all sorts of reasons not to go. I am better with family members and a couple of close friends. I find other people are well meaning but still in couples they have no idea what it will be like when one of them sadly will be on their own.
When I have a better day I try to remember what it felt like when I have another bad one and try to think that it must get easier. I also wonder when Pete and I were so happy out for a stroll hand in hand or on the beach with the children how many lonely people were seeing us and maybe feeling very sad themselves…It is a hard road to follow but i do get glimpses of feeling more at peace with the awful situation that bereaved ones feel and hope you can as well.
Jenny

2 Likes

I also lost my husband 2 years ago and I find it worse now than at the beginning. Covid forced staying at home and now I don’t want to go out. My daughter says I will feel better if I do, but I can’t face it!

1 Like

2 years for me in 6 days time. I know what you mean, I often feel i am going backwards again. In the early days you are away with the fairies and can’t believe it is true. 2 years on you KNOW it is true. You know the lonely dark mornings and dark evenings are here… and Christmas is coming. My Wife loved Christmas and it was such fun… not anymore. You have to be in it to know. Take care.

2 Likes

Yes I feel the same ,I do not like company,get jealous of couples being happy .I do not think I will ever be able to laugh again ,being without my precious is killing me.