Do the family blame me?

Now my partner and I don’t live together and we have both children living at home from previous relationships, but he had a fall over a fortnight ago he went to A&E but he didn’t let me know. I found out 3 days later as I hadn’t heard from him and I had this gut feeling something wasn’t right. He couldn’t get to his phone and found him in a bad shape. I got him up and sorted and looked after him the best over the next few days as I could but when we went to the hospital the following week to get the cast checked, they put him into a more manageable brace but him and I had a row, tempers has been getting thin because he hates being ill. So I left him back to his place and left. I sent him a text saying when he was ready to be civil I would return. I didn’t get a chance to return. He was found dead three days later.

I should have been there the next day but I was so angry at him because he had cursed at me in the hospital. Honestly I feel its me that killed him I should have been there maybe I could have done something I’ll never know

1 Like

There is nothing you could do . He didn’t call you to apologise and so you didn’t know he was dying . Probably he didn’t know either or he would have called someone for help . My sympathies to you

2 Likes

Won’t they do a post mortem ? Then you will find out why he passed away xx

1 Like

It came back inconclusive

1 Like

Oh right … but did they give you an indication what caused his passing ? X

1 Like

No they didn’t.

Well thats not very helpful is it ? Not heard of that before ??? But anyway its not your fault -so dont blame yourself ! X my bereavment counsellor says guilt is part of grief, the what ifs etc. I did it for months xxx

1 Like

Thank you, it’s still very raw.

The family have now closed ranks and have made it very clear I no longer have any connections there.

2 Likes

Even though you took him to hospital 3 days before :frowning: ! Huh !! Xx

1 Like

That is terrible for you

2 Likes

It’s the old story, when death rears its head, and there’s money involved true identities emerge.

God help them, my partner and I had an understanding from the word go. I had mine for my boys he had his for his. It was set from the very beginning. Think they feel that I trying to run away with the whole lot and god forbid as we were never married, you know once bitten twice shy. I don’t want a damn thing.

I loved the man not for what he had but for who he was and what he was working forward to give his sons the best chance in life. As his ex wife practically destroyed him.

1 Like

Sorry, maybe I would have liked something small to remember him by, but honestly I believe that won’t happen
So I have memories and they will have to suffice.