Do you ever feel like this?

Hello everyone Hope everyone is doing well. I have a question it’s been 15 months since my son passed away. At Christmas time my daughter came up from Florida with my grandkids and her husband and everything seemed to go smoothly. No one really talked about my son Theo and we just went along with the Christmas festivities. After they left though I’m feeling kind of sad and thinking about my son a lot. Sometimes lately it feels like the emotions from when it first happened. Do these feelings come up and hit you in the face sometimes? I have been crying alot lately is this normal?

4 Likes

Hi Racy123. It is entirely normal. My husband died 20 months ago and some days I feel ok but then other days the emotion of loss just slaps you in the face when you least expect it. I then have H on my mind constantly. I talk about him and bring him into conversations regularly. He is a part of my life and to me is very normal. Because we cannot see them does not mean they are not with us. They always will be. We love them. Sending hugs x

2 Likes

Thank you Nel and I hope you are getting along okay. I sometimes feel like everyone has forgotten about my Theo like he never existed and it makes me sad. Sometimes a lonely empty feeling hits me and it makes me miss him more. They say the second year is the hardest I am not sure if anyone else finds that to be true.
:heart:

3 Likes

Hi racy i completely get you i feel the same its two years today we found out sam had cancer .he passed 4 months later 27th april . I feel worse again now . And like you say people dont talk about him .it makes me mad . My emotions are all over the place I will always keep sams memory alive sending uou love love zoe xxx

2 Likes

Thank-you Zoe sending you love also. It’s a long journey.:heartpulse:

1 Like

That’s just how I feel i miss my daughter more at Christmas and birthdays i don’t think the pain gets easier i just take time out for myself but it’s hard when the people around you don’t talk about the loss it sometimes makes you feel that you’re alone and i still cry a lot when im alone i think that if you’re thinking about them then they are always with you :broken_heart: not easy for everyone how’s lost a child its just good to hear that I’m not alone

2 Likes

Hello everyone I have not been on here for a while it will be 2 years and October since my day Theo passed away. I thought I was doing okay but the past week when I’ve been on vacation I have been thinking about him a lot and crying. I feel like just happened yesterday when I have those moments. Does anyone else get those moments even when it’s almost been 2 years? I just felt like sharing and I feel like I can really share my feelings here where I am sure everyone understands.

2 Likes

Ive lost sam 2 years i still cry its jus natural. Theres no set time on grief .it still hits me most days .the empty yearning .x we can always come on the support is amazing xx big hugs :heart:

1 Like

5004d015879b0dbbd3487360cec6a9fe

3 Likes

So true :cry: XXx

Thank you Zoe for the support, and those lovely pictures, :heart: and I hope you are doing ok also. I guess I didn’t realize that you can be hit so hard out of the blue when you don’t no what triggered it.