Does anyone else feel like this?

I have just found this on Facebook…not my words but they express exactly how I feel deep down inside and I just wondered if anyone else feels the same?
" I realised today that I have stopped living life,
I am literally just trying to get to the next day,
Just living in the thought of tomorrow.
I’m not living…I’m waiting
And the trouble is, I don’t know what I am exactly waiting for.
I’m kind of scared for what it might be."
Take care everyone x

10 Likes

Yes, I feel exactly the same. It is so sad for all of us.
Thank you for posting that.
Take care.
Hugs x

Hi
Know how you feel and the words you found are exactly how I feel. Take care stay safe Sue d

1 Like

I totally feel this atm, I felt my life was on a straight road now I don’t know which way to turn to get me back on this straight road, I just feel numb after the sudden death of my husband :frowning: xx

1 Like

Hi you words hit home with me to thay sum up just how I feel thanks you for posting that x

2 Likes

Hi Sorry to hear you are feeling down too. Its not fair ah! we just carry on. This websirte is so helpful to write down your feelings and thoughts especially when you are feeling low and alone it really helps. Be brave stay safe and keep messaging it really helps.

2 Likes

Hi
Its so hard to carry on as we feel so low and alone well I do anyway as I have no family. Luckily I have friends but still feel so alone. Life is cruel ah! stay safe

Thank you for your comment this page has really helped me, to link with people who are experiencing some or different feelings to this pain of losing people we love.
I will defo keep reading and posting I hope that some of our words to each other help in some small way xx

2 Likes

@amelie_sgranThose lovely words just sum it up don’t they! We are waiting to see our loved one again but we just don’t know how. I used to truly believe we would be reunited with those we loved that died before us. Now John has died I am not so sure. I am worried it might not be true. What do you think? :butterfly:x

1 Like

Yes just existing & trying to get through the days without our precious son who we lost suddenly in June. The thought of living without him for years to come is terrifying and overwhelming.
Love & strength to all :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you Amelie_sgran, You know what ? – This describes me too! I awake each day, going thru the motions (laundry, groceries, shopping lists, straightening up the house, etc. - my daily routine and basically waiting - for what? Each day is the same, except the seasons are changing. I don’t feel like socializing (especially in this lockdown). This saying says it exactly how I live. And waiting - for what?
Thank you for posting this.
Herb

2 Likes

Hi glad you are going to continue to posting as it really does help to know people are going through the same things you are. It makes you feel you are not alone and sometimes peoples comments etc really help. Take care stay safe and hope to read more posts Regards Sue

I totally agree with you about waiting, for what? Unfortunately, things that you might have done to continue a life, just aren’t happening because of COVID. I am supporting myself by saying it WILL get better and there will be a future. Virtual hugs sent.

4 Likes

That’s the spirit Jay!.

1 Like

Yes me to my feelings are the same thinking of you

1 Like

Hi
I just read your post and I believe we meet with them again. I have no fear of my own death now as I know I will meet up with my beloved Garry again.

1 Like

Dear Wendy75, I read your post - not sure if it was meant for me or not - but will it be OK if i reply to you? My beloved wife has been gone for 14 months. Just to let you know that I still miss her. I am doing everything at our house that we shared. It’s a job sometimes, I think of her each day. We got a lot snow here in the states, was out all weekend shoveling the snow - seems like there’s no end to it all. Sometimes I join this forum just to find a sympathetic ear or to share a grievance with whoever wants to listen to me. But mostly, I believe your comment about seeing them again — I do believe that — my wife did too – But in the meantime, despite staying busy - it is difficult to handle it all alone. I’ve been told to either “get over it” or maybe “find a new wife or girlfriend” — my wife and I were not like that. I really appreciate – the scripture reminder. I think you are on the tight path. But I miss her each day — don’t get me wrong your encouragement has helped me today. Thank you for the reminder.
Herb

Powerful expressions thoughts and feelings.
Yes,just going through the process, wondering if there is a reason, an eventual outcome. Have I gone through all this for a reason?.

All the best amelie

dear Colin, you are not wasting your time in this – please stick it out, dear lady -somehow like some of us - you will make some progress — we know how you feel. Hang in there - you are among friends! Best wishes as best as we can say.
Herb, a friend,

I too have no family. I find it so hard to be busy every day. I long for my lovely Michael to be by my side. I lost my lovely man last September. He had been battling cancer for a year. I never thought I would lose him. We had been married for 50 years but known each other for 54 years. My life is so empty and lonely without him. Always putting on a brave face for people cos they expect it but feeling so bad every day. I just want the happiness I had before my world fell apart. Rondina 1