Does it get better with time

My mum passed away 3 years ago and I still miss her so much. People keep telling me that it’ll get easier but will it? There are times when I would give anything to hear her voice or have a hug.

2 Likes

Hi Gummy, your Mum was the person who loved you for all of your life, they were a constant presence in your life, and. You will always miss her, some days are easier, and as time goes by, those days become more frequent and yes I do think it gets easier, only because you get used to the situation, but you will never stop missing her, sending love Jude xx

2 Likes

Thanks Jude.

I agree that you get used to the situation but there are days when that feeling of grief overwhelms me and I just want to sob. Counselling has been suggested but I’m not sure. Does it really help to talk about it? It won’t change anything will it?

1 Like

Hiya

I don’t think the loss gets easier, but yes - learning to live with the loss does get easier. 5 years in from losing my mum I still think of her every day and miss her crazily, but I know there’s nothing I can do to change it so have no choice but to live with it.

Counselling may help, and maybe worth a shot. See if there is a Well-being service where you are - they often do webinars or online social meets for different things, and may cover grief.

Never stop talking about her…she was a massive presence in your life and can still be here, in your heart and when you voice your memories.

Take care x

1 Like

Hello Gummy, I have had counseling on here, it is definitely worth doing…some of the methods are really empowering and help you to go to that place you resist, as I did …it’s like the counsellor can take you by the hand and go to that place with you, you are not alone…a lady called Olwen helped me…it really is worth doing…bless you…:pray::heartpulse:

I still have moments, though I know I am not resisting or in denial which is where I was before counseling…and when I have a ‘bad’ day I come on here and read and write myself and I really helps…:relieved::pray::heart:

1 Like