Does it get eaiser?

My mum passed in November and I’m just crying everyday does it get any eaiser I have nearly 2 year old and feel so bad for him I just feel like my life is nothing anymore xxx

2 Likes

Hi Meganf,

I’m sorry for the loss of your mum.

I lost my lovely Dad in November 2022 and I still cry everyday. Some days or weeks can feel much worse than others but everyday the sadness is there and it follows me around. I was on a walk before and burst into tears. It’s so painful.

I don’t know if it gets easier but you are not alone in how you feel.

Xx

1 Like

Yes it does get a lot easier but it doesnt happen overnight. Some experts say it takes 6 to 28 months. Not that it seems like that in the first few chaotic weeks and months. Dont despair, the fog will eventually lift and your life will get some meaning back. You never forget entirely, but more and more you will remember with a smile on your face instead of tears. Hang in there, it WILL get a lot better.

2 Likes

Please someone tell me that this awful grief does get better. I,m feeling worse now than I did before. Is it because they say that it gets worse before getting better. Feel my life worthless having to endure the pain and anxiety.

2 Likes

Please seek help it’s helped me everyday is hard but your family/friend wouldn’t want you be sad everyday sending love

Hi @Lewis123 . As I said earlier in this thread, it does get better but it takes time. I found in the early days I was very busy sorting out what needed sorting, so the time for grieving was limited. Everybody came to see me, or invited me to join them for a chat. As time goes on, the nature of things is that they get on with their own lives, and see you less. Unless we do something about, loneliness sets in and I think this is the most difficult stage to get through. If we accept we have turned the page and are now in a new chapter, we look back less and less.
You now have the opportunity to make your new chapter as you would like it to be
If we dont move forward, we stay where we are.

Hi there
I must agree with Tykey and he has said it all. We have to be prepared to do something about the pain of our loss. We don’t get over our grief but we do learn to live with and control it.
Afraid except for a very few of my family I have found family and friends to be pretty useless after the first few weeks are over and then they rarely want to listen to what you have to say or even bothered about you. No neighbours called although we had lived in the area for over 30 years. I felt I was expected to get ‘on with it’. And that is what I have done as I soon realised that no one was going to knock on my door and take away my pain or were even that bothered.

1 Like